Carryover Stihl Chainsaw prices?

/ Carryover Stihl Chainsaw prices? #1  

legbuh

Silver Member
I am in the market for a new chainsaw.. my old Stihl 025 is starting to show it's wear.. still a nice saw, though.

I'm looking at a Stihl 362 at a local dealer and noticed it's listed as a 2012 model.

But, they're still asking full MSRP ($750 or so with 18" bar and chain). This doesn't look to be a C-M model which the newer ones are labeled as.

Is this something that could be discounted or are Stihl products just not discounted much? Would maybe asking for a couple extra chains and some ear covers be too much?

/ Carryover Stihl Chainsaw prices? #2  
JMO 362 is not the saw the 361 360 036 saws it replaced in the family. Way to much too. The 361 was $589 new and then they jumped to the $700+ for the 362. I wouldnt do it, but that is me.

Same class you can get a echo 590 for $300-$399 then the echo 600 little higher and then the echo 620 in the $500 range. Then you got the dolmar 6100 that is less then the 362 by $200 and better saw IMO. Learn more on them all. http://chainsawrepair.createaforum.com/index.php

Dont get blinded by stihl IMO looking for a new saw.

/ Carryover Stihl Chainsaw prices? #3  
In that size, the echo is very well respected. If you're paying full price for a 362, it would have to be a CM model with the computerized carb. I'm my opinion, there's no point in paying full price for an obsolete model. Personally I'd buy the echo, or find a used 361.

/ Carryover Stihl Chainsaw prices?
I'd actually prefer the non-CM model... The simpler the better. But still wondering what a 2012 carryover would go for..these guys must have had it on the shelf for quite some time.

/ Carryover Stihl Chainsaw prices? #5  
The Echo CS590 is quite the bargain in that size saws. They are often set too lean, for environmental reasons I guess, so you have to remove the limiter and tamper with the carb some.

/ Carryover Stihl Chainsaw prices? #6  
For 60cc, I really like the Husky 562XP out of all the options. I own Stihl saws and like them but in the 60cc range, the 362 has been a bit of a dog.

/ Carryover Stihl Chainsaw prices? #7  
For 60cc, I really like the Husky 562XP out of all the options. I own Stihl saws and like them but in the 60cc range, the 362 has been a bit of a dog.

Sure, the 562XP is likely the cream of the crop but its also nearly twice as much $ as the Echo CS590

/ Carryover Stihl Chainsaw prices? #8  
Sure, the 562XP is likely the cream of the crop but its also nearly twice as much $ as the Echo CS590

I haven't priced out that Echo, but I paid $550 for my 562XP with a 20" bar. For a pro saw, that is a real good price.

/ Carryover Stihl Chainsaw prices? #9  
Well as typical a whole bunch of responses and NO answer to the OP's question.
I am in the market for a new chainsaw.. my old Stihl 025 is starting to show it's wear.. still a nice saw, though.

I'm looking at a Stihl 362 at a local dealer and noticed it's listed as a 2012 model.

But, they're still asking full MSRP ($750 or so with 18" bar and chain). This doesn't look to be a C-M model which the newer ones are labeled as.

Is this something that could be discounted or are Stihl products just not discounted much? Would maybe asking for a couple extra chains and some ear covers be too much?
Greatly depends on the dealer for extra chains etc. Stihl products are rarely discounted. I'm seeing a new 362C-MQ listing at $860. Do you want to order a new one for $100 more?
They seem to be like tractors, date of mfg is not that important.

And since everyone is suggesting what you should get instead of answering your question, get a Stihl 880 w/ a 36" bar. 120 CC should handle about anything. And they are less than 2 grand!

/edit - I've a 120CC 088 and it really roars! And I paid $450 for it but it came with a 32" bar, chains, tool kit, $200 Alaskan Chain Saw Mill plus nice cases.

449423d1449281601-carryover-stihl-chainsaw-prices-088_just-bought-jpg

For a pro saw that's a good price. :)

Attachments

• 088_just-bought.JPG
    088_just-bought.JPG
    269.1 KB · Views: 587
   / Carryover Stihl Chainsaw prices? #10  
I would hold out for the 362CM. I have had mine for over a year. It is the easiest starting, best running 60cc saw I have ever owned.