Stihl 029 Super

/ Stihl 029 Super
If that's the case after cutting only two trees, it's a very good thing that it started leaking gas. The gas leak made him quit running the saw and could very well have prevented him from injuring himself or doing something stupid.

It's totally mind boggling how many people buy and use chainsaws with zero training and zero safety equipment. I'm not saying your brother is as bad as many people, but he's obviously somewhere on the spectrum.

When i saw the huge carry case, it scared me a little knowing that he had been running something like that, love him to death but power equipment is something he dosen't need to be around.

Ronnie

/ Stihl 029 Super
It's up & running, new line & filter, carb & tank clean, add gas, 6 pulls later, it's running fantastic, sounds just like my 310, which it is awful close to in size to begin with, did notice the fuel cap didn't look to good, had a spare for the 310, everything's good.
Not bad for less than $20 investment. Thanks for all tips & replies.

Ronnie

/ Stihl 029 Super #13  
Any picture?

/ Stihl 029 Super
Any picture?

Tom, i'll see about getting one in the next couple days, i need to put it into some wood to see how it does. I noticed after it has sat a spell, bar oil was leaking from the body area, sounds like o-ring problem, not sure.

Ronnie

/ Stihl 029 Super
Tom

Managed to snap a few pics today.
IMG_5134.JPG

IMG_5133.JPG

/ Stihl 029 Super #16  
Tom
Managed to snap a few pics today.

Very nice. I see what you mean by the bar. It looks like it is from another (well used) saw. Saw head looks great.