New B&D LCS1240

/ New B&D LCS1240 #1  

newbury

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota's - B7610, M4700
That's a 40V w/ 12" bar.

Looks like a toy but was only $120 w/ 2AH 40V battery, charger, chain and bar.

Planning on it's primary use being when I'm up in the trees trimming branches. Talk about easy start :) Would have liked a Stihl 201T, but like the extra $500 still in my pocket.

Should have bought several because the darn battery is almost $100 by itself.

Anybody else have one?

Coincidentally, JUST before I picked it up I was at a hardware store where they had a Stihl toy chainsaw like this one at Amazon,

AND that was $40!

(note - if you can read my sig I've chainsaws up to 120CC)

/ New B&D LCS1240
First use, trimming some high branches. Up to 4". See arrow above ladder. Cut through like butter.
b-d-saw.jpg

Saw is fairly well balanced for one hand use.

Miss the smell of two stroke.

/ New B&D LCS1240 #3  
I bought the B+D 20V for the wife to try it out. She likes and it does plenty for her and the 30mins of run time pre battery.

Does the 40V have AV? The 20V dont and you notice it quickly. But it is for quicker short cuts.

Manual oiler pump on the 20V have been a issue with some if you read on them. Is that what 40V has?

Since the 20V works great. Some day 40V or more will replace.

Threads http://chainsawrepair.createaforum.com/cordless-battery-ope-corded-electric/

BDsaw20v 002.JPG

/ New B&D LCS1240
I bought the B+D 20V for the wife to try it out. She likes and it does plenty for her and the 30mins of run time pre battery.

Does the 40V have AV? The 20V dont and you notice it quickly. But it is for quicker short cuts.

Manual oiler pump on the 20V have been a issue with some if you read on them. Is that what 40V has?

Since the 20V works great. Some day 40V or more will replace.

Threads http://chainsawrepair.createaforum.com/cordless-battery-ope-corded-electric/

View attachment 482099
If by AV you mean anti vibration I don't think so. But coming from using a Stihl 660 (90cc) I don't know if I would notice it. And most of my cuts have been one handed while I hold onto the ladder with the other hand.
It does have an automatic oiler.

/ New B&D LCS1240 #5  
To me the 066 660 92cc and 084 122cc with their rubber AV isnt bad at all for vibes. Least not to me.

The little BD with no AV I noticed it right off when I cut a pin oak limb the other day.

40v looks like a upgraded 20V in pics and reading on it. Batt v and oiler.

When the 043 chain is done on this one I am going to look into going to 050 and PS PS3 for chain. See if it will pull it as I really like that chain on my gas saws.

bdsaw 004.JPGbdsaw 002.JPG