Problem-036 Stihl.

/ Problem-036 Stihl. #11  
036 is a easy saw to work on and trouble shoot. Worth learning figuring dealer cost. ;)

I dont care if they were burned up I would rebuild them. Rebuild, Muffler Mod and updating clutch drum and bearing etc. http://chainsawrepair.createaforum.com/stihl/stihl-036-pro-trade-in/

036 360 361 good saws. I would skip the OE 362 , now the redesigned type II NE 362 that is the lightest of the bunch I would like to try.

I did not know the 362 2.0 was lighter than a 036.

Have you heard anything about the 241 2.0? I accidentally stumbled across a thread on a Euro saw forum but I have not heard anything else.

/ Problem-036 Stihl. #12  
How is your saw doing?

/ Problem-036 Stihl.
How is your saw doing?

They told me 2 weeks when I dropped it off. Hopefully next week should have it. the place I took it to is a busy commercial trade shop- so there is no slow time for them be it lawn maintenance equipment or saws/snow blowers. In the mean time my pals 039 is doing a good job:thumbsup:

/ Problem-036 Stihl. #14  
I have a few 036s bought new. I like them. They actually start! I Just don't like (all) the chain oil leaking out of them.

/ Problem-036 Stihl.
Well guys-like I said, I borrowed a pals 039 so I was not a complete PITA with the shop. In any case got it back yesterday-200 bucks-new clutch and oil pump.-pump alone is a 75 buck part. took it out to the log pile and blew threw a 22" white oak!
Glad to have my 25 year old saw back!

/ Problem-036 Stihl. #16  
Thanks for the update. I'm glad you got it up and running again! I really like my Stihl products but their parts prices are insane.