No more Dolmar?

/ No more Dolmar? #1  

arrow

Tractor
Mahindra 3016
Had a friend recently buy a Dolmar 510 some months ago. Has had nothing but problems with it and dealer states Dolmar no longer supports their saws as Makita has bought them out. Anyone else hear of this rumor?

/ No more Dolmar? #3  
More like 15 years now. I actually had a Makita branded Dolmar, until an employee put chain oil in the gas and put the piston out the case. Good saw the times I used it.

/ No more Dolmar?
I know they made saws for Makita for some time. This story of the buy out and construction of these (Dolmars/makitas) having moved production to Makita factory in China is new to me.
Can't be their entire line. Both Sthil and Husky have China plants.

Last edited:
   / No more Dolmar? #5  
I know they made saws for Makita for some time. This story of the buy out and construction of these (Dolmars/makitas) having moved production to Makita factory in China is new to me.
Can't be their entire line. Both Sthil and Husky have China plants.

Makita has owned Dolmar for at least 15 years. All I'd MN akitas saws are made by Dolmar. In the US, they are no longer going to call them Dolmar, but they'll be the same saws.

Dealers of any brand are hit and miss, it sounds like your friend has a crappy dealer. I have a great dealer and also have had zero problems with my Dolmar 421. I'm sure Makita will stand behind their warranties, seeing as they owned the product that he bought in the first place.

Lastly, Makita isn't moving all of the production to China. Like you say, all of the main OPE brands have some products made there, but the pro grade stuff from Dolmar is still made in Germany.

/ No more Dolmar? #6  
Love my Dolmar 5105 ... Hopefully it stays supported. It's been a strong runner and absolutely problem free for over two years of heavy use

/ No more Dolmar? #8  
My Dolmar 7900 has been running like a banshee for 8 years at about 10 cords a year. Never needed anything and runs as strong as the day I got it (actually a bit stronger ;))

There is a guy near by that rebuilds them and sells the rebuilt saws for about $450 - hard to beat that.

If its getting hard to get parts, I guess I should get a 6400, 7300, or 7900 with blown head as a parts saw. I would hate to part with my 7900 - one heck of a saw!

/ No more Dolmar? #9  
My Dolmar 7900 has been running like a banshee for 8 years at about 10 cords a year. Never needed anything and runs as strong as the day I got it (actually a bit stronger ;))

There is a guy near by that rebuilds them and sells the rebuilt saws for about $450 - hard to beat that.

If its getting hard to get parts, I guess I should get a 6400, 7300, or 7900 with blown head as a parts saw. I would hate to part with my 7900 - one heck of a saw!
Amen to that I love mine puts a smile on my face every time I run it.