Stihl MS241

/ Stihl MS241 #1  

WVH1977

Platinum Member
Tractor
Massey 2860M Cab, New Holland TC40, Hitachi EX100, Gravely Pro-Turn 152
I was looking at new saws a little over a year ago after I gave my uncle my Stihl 025. I wanted a smaller saw to go along with my MS261 and MS361. When I saw the MS241 in my local hardware store I did not even know they existed. As soon as I picked it up and held it, I was off to the cashier to buy it. I bought it to use around the house for small limbing jobs. A couple of days went buy and my Dad called and wanted to go get some firewood down at my friends house where I cut firewood. There was a nice size hickory tree that had fell down that was easy to get to without the tractor. I fired it up and started cutting at the top of it. Before I knew it I chewed through half of that tree in 10 minutes. That little saw is a monster. Made my 025 seem like a toy. Since then my little 241 goes everywhere I go when I am doing any kind of tree work. I would say since I have bought it I use it 70% of the time now for most of my cutting needs.

It was expensive ($ 540.00) but worth every penny. Has not given me one bit of trouble. It was a little hard to start the first couple of times but once I broke it in real good it now fires right up. I highly recommend this saw for anyone who cuts a lot wood for burning. It has been a great investment for me and it is very light but loaded with unending power. Definitely a nice compliment to my MS361 (another great saw).

/ Stihl MS241 #2  
That 241 looks like a nice saw. If my dealer had been on the ball he probably could have sold me one. I was looking for a saw that's easier to start than my 025. I use it for brush cutting and when I'm cutting brush I stop the saw every minute or so to pull out cut stuff and pile it. The 025 has a lot of compression for it's size and it takes a good pull to start it. My MS362CM is much easier to start with the compression release and runs perfectly with the electronic carb. It's an awesome saw. A small version would have been perfect. But the dealer argued with me about how easy the 025 is to start rather than listen to me. Keep in mind that he's built like a linebacker and I'm built like a marathon runner. I ended up buying an Echo 352 instead. From the same dealer but only because they had it on sale. They made a lot less profit on that than they would if they'd sold me the 241.