Pole saw promotions

/ Pole saw promotions #1  

ArlyA

Houghton MI (the Lake Superior snow belt) USA
Tractor
Polaris Boss 6x6 with pods (tracks) Center actuating lawn mower by Husky
I do trail clearing for my job and as a volunteer. This sometimes entails the opening of a new trail, but more commonly its the maintenance of established ones. These are XC and hiking trails if that matters. Part of the hiking trails we do are on federal land which makes us take a NPS sawyer certification course. After getting certified by them, I purchased a Stihl professional saw. Then a few years ago with an organization I work for, we rented a pole for the season and by the end of that, I was sold on there utility. Today we now have several Echo power units and saw ends for them. I think they call them "power pruners". We won't got into the field without these units.

Below are a few photos of them in action..

Attachments

• IMG_6592.jpg
    IMG_6592.jpg
    222.8 KB · Views: 470
  • IMG_6594.jpg
    IMG_6594.jpg
    461 KB · Views: 402
  • IMG_6598.jpg
    IMG_6598.jpg
    367.4 KB · Views: 366
  • IMG_6599.jpg
    IMG_6599.jpg
    586.5 KB · Views: 360
  • IMG_6602.jpg
    IMG_6602.jpg
    536.9 KB · Views: 418
  • IMG_6571.jpg
    IMG_6571.jpg
    294.2 KB · Views: 369
  • PICT0006_2.jpg
    PICT0006_2.jpg
    511.5 KB · Views: 383
  • Echo pole saw (DL).jpg
    Echo pole saw (DL).jpg
    159.3 KB · Views: 405
   / Pole saw promotions #2  
They are as you say...indispensable ! I have the Stihl H101 pole saw..slides out to 12ft if needed. We live in the Cherokee National Forest and have many trails that always need trimming. I have the wife drive our JD Gator and i stand in the back to get some needed height ! Good lookin dog you have there !!

/ Pole saw promotions #3  
I have a Stihl model and love it. We have a long (3/4 mile total) road I maintain and it is great for keeping the limbs back so UPS and FedEx can easily make it down the road.

/ Pole saw promotions
We looked at telescoping models and decided that they were to long for convenient storage in the back of a UTV that we use to get onto the trails with. We ended up with these Echo's that break into sections and down to about 4ft in length. We have been happy with them and seems we got the first one 4 or 5 years ago.

How short do your models get??

/ Pole saw promotions #5  
Ours breaks down in sections - about 4' each. I does fit in our Mule FXT pretty well. Little sucker gets heavy after a while if you are using all the extensions and reaching out at an angle a lot! Great tools and awesome for trail maintenance, thats for sure.

/ Pole saw promotions #6  
I have been seriously debating on getting one.

I just need it to keep the big azz mature trees around my house cut back off the house and road.

/ Pole saw promotions #7  
stay away from Remington 8.5amp 2in1 electric corded pole saws. on 4th or 5th unit then need to exchange for another unit, run for about 1 hour total (not contentious 1 hour). and end up either having saw dust get in motor and smoking the motor up, or plastic zip melting inside the winding and smoking the motor, or plastic casing snap, causing gears to no longer mesh up correctly, or the pole becomes un-glued at worse possible time, or the oiler bottle not letting out out and plugging up with saw dust. and the ever 4 philip head screws to clean out any sort of chips / leaves that might get caught on the chain.

/ Pole saw promotions #8  
Love the echo versions. Real 2 stroke still is a big plus too.

/ Pole saw promotions #9  
There worth every dime and makes job quicker and safer.

/ Pole saw promotions
Here is a few more photos of ours at work. Ya, how did we get along with one?

Attachments

• pole saw Ryan.jpg
    pole saw Ryan.jpg
    165.7 KB · Views: 386
  • low trail branches.jpg
    low trail branches.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 362
  • Rhino in gorge working.jpg
    Rhino in gorge working.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 346
  • defenderworks.jpg
    defenderworks.jpg