Stihl flippy cap recall

/ Stihl flippy cap recall #21  
I didn't think the "flippy" caps were that big of a problem. Have to make sure they're on correctly, seated all the way, before locking. The screw on ones come lose if you don't make sure the snugged.
Before the recall it was easy to not seat them correctly. I often cursed as it should be a two second operation not a struggle. Glad they fixed it.

/ Stihl flippy cap recall #22  
I was at my local Stihl dealer yesterday and noticed the flippy caps have been replaced with Non flippy caps similar to the aftermarket pics on here. I asked if that was the new standard cap and the service guy said yes. They were on the trimmers, blowers and pole saws. Should have snapped a pic. Sounds like flippy's are on the way out.

/ Stihl flippy cap recall #23  
I actually like the flip up handles. The quarter turn latch thing is kind of a pain to line up but it seals well. More important, unlike screw caps I've never had one come loose because I didn't tighten it all the way and spill premix or bar oil all over me. Yea that's operator error but I like designs that make it harder to be stupid.

/ Stihl flippy cap recall #24  
I was at my local Stihl dealer yesterday and noticed the flippy caps have been replaced with Non flippy caps similar to the aftermarket pics on here. I asked if that was the new standard cap and the service guy said yes. They were on the trimmers, blowers and pole saws. Should have snapped a pic. Sounds like flippy's are on the way out.
The flippy cap was a recall on my Stihl trimmer. Later purchases of a Stihl hedger and most recently a blower, both have the traditional screw cap with lanyard.

/ Stihl flippy cap recall #25  
I had a recall on my stihl gas hedger flip cap. The original cap didn't fit well at all, always a struggle to get it to seat. The replacement cap solved the problem. I was happy I followed through.

Me too...same hedger......original gap was a pain.....took forever to get it to seat. New cap works great....this recall is pretty old......my cap was replace several years ago.

/ Stihl flippy cap recall #26  
My MS261 is now about 7yo so it has the early version of these caps. While in cooler or winter conditions, the oil cap likes to feel it went shut whiles it has not so this fall I've dumped two tanks of bar oil on myself. I love the saw but its flip cap design is rather poor.....

/ Stihl flippy cap recall #27  
The flippy cap was a recall on my Stihl trimmer. Later purchases of a Stihl hedger and most recently a blower, both have the traditional screw cap with lanyard.

Yep, The recall was also for the 400# stihl pole saw i bought. The new stuff hanging on the wall had Husky style caps on them. Who Knows..

/ Stihl flippy cap recall #28  
Of my two newest Stihls the backpack blower has a screw cap but the hedge trimmer has a flippy cap. I bought the blower last year and the hedge trimmer this year.