Stihl flippy cap recall

/ Stihl flippy cap recall #2  
Sometimes I think about the statement someone made on this group when he said he thought those caps were a solution to a nonexistant problem. I like his thinking.

/ Stihl flippy cap recall #3  
I had an ms 250 for a while. It was a good saw. I always hated the flippy caps.

/ Stihl flippy cap recall #4  
I think I saw that link before and I have one model on the list but I never did anything with it. Some of my Stihls have flippy caps that are always easy to seat. A few are more tricky. I like the low profile in general and I like the flip levers. But I would have put regular screw threads on them if I were Stihl and not have done the 1/4 turn thing

/ Stihl flippy cap recall #5  
I had a recall on my stihl gas hedger flip cap. The original cap didn't fit well at all, always a struggle to get it to seat. The replacement cap solved the problem. I was happy I followed through.

/ Stihl flippy cap recall #6  
They still honor the cap recall. I just got one for my Pole Saw. Gas tank only. the oil tank one was fine somehow. Prior to, I had cracked the case in my 039 and the new case came with flippy's. Dang !

/ Stihl flippy cap recall #7  
Thanks for the info. My string trimmer is going back very soon for a new cap. It is the most difficult thing to get on right and you have to really look to be sure it is. It seems like about a third of the time it falls out and I feel fuel sloshing on me. then i have to stop and reinstall if I haven't already run out of gas. One of the many things I hate about that string trimmer.

/ Stihl flippy cap recall #8  
I read this post and remembered the difficulty I've had with the fuel cap on my FS130 trimmer. When I went out to the machine shed to check it, the cap blew off and dumped a full tank of gas onto the floor. (It was cap down on a rack). Checked it's serial number with those on the Stihl site and then took it to my nearest dealer. He got a new cap, changed it out and I'm very pleased at the response and the results. Thank you for the post !

/ Stihl flippy cap recall #9  
Had an oil tank cap to come apart on chain saw yesterday. Not sure if my boot rub against it while at my feet on excavator or what but it leaked on floor of machine and went to tighten it when I found it leaking and it had come apart. Even if boot had rubbed it does not seem that would have been an issue but no idea. Do realize this recall is on gas tanks and not on any chainsaws but thanks for the post. I do agree the flip cap is sort of neat but think I like the older screw in better.

/ Stihl flippy cap recall #10  
I hook folks up that cant stand them freaking things.

s440notoflippys.png