How to start today's modern chainsaws........

/ How to start today's modern chainsaws........ #1  

Oldpath05

Tractor
none
Here's a tutorial from a professional logger on how to start a modern Blue Max chainsaw. If your saw is similar to this one it may help some with all those confusing controls on a chainsaw......... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42I6PL79x_Y

/ How to start today's modern chainsaws........ #2  
He's a pro logger?? You are kidding aren't you???

Thank God I learned how to start a chain saw BEFORE I saw that vid! lol

SR

/ How to start today's modern chainsaws........ #3  
I couldn't even finish that video it was so bad. Since when is an on off switch and choke mind boggling controls? I hope you're being sarcastic. This guy really has the build and equipment if a professional logger.

/ How to start today's modern chainsaws........ #5  
More like a professional eater and makes a log! lol

SR

/ How to start today's modern chainsaws........ #6  
Drunk or just goofy?

/ How to start today's modern chainsaws........ #7  
All that foolishness and never mentioned the chain lock. Also, the saw had never been used (from the looks of the bar graphics).

/ How to start today's modern chainsaws........ #8  
   / How to start today's modern chainsaws........ #9  
I'm not as physically fit as the video's professional logger, so to conserve strength:
I don't usually bust my gut on the first 2-3 pulls as the fuel line/carb/cylinder primes itself. You always see people "swinging for the fences" on the first pull even if the saw hasn't ran in days/weeks. Why bother? Just a couple slow roll out pulls is all that's needed, then it usually "starts on the '1st' pull" !
Anybody else do the same?

Last edited:
   / How to start today's modern chainsaws........ #10  
Just follow the manufacturer's instructions. Works every time with mine. Each brand I have is a little different.