Tractor Supply and Jonsered?

/ Tractor Supply and Jonsered? #1  

Shotoif

Tractor
none
I recently discovered that Tractor Supply no longer carries Jonsered and has switched to over to Husqvarna. If I recall correctly the chains are interchangeable from Jonsered and Husqvarna. However I have not seen anything on a Husqvarna chain package stating so. I have no real interest in playing the run back and forth to store game to return things so does anyone have input or recommendations for My 2255?

/ Tractor Supply and Jonsered? #3  
Look at the little black serial number tag on your jonsered. If it is newer it probably has the manufacture as “the huaqvarna jonsered company”. Essentially the Same saws.

/ Tractor Supply and Jonsered? #4  
You don't need a Jonsered/Husquvarna specific chain. Any chain that's the right type, gauge and number of links will work. The specs are usually stamped on the bar. For example your 2255 looks like it comes with a standard 3/8 chain (smaller saws use 3/8 low profile, which is different). Baileys has a useful chain selector gizmo on their web site. Their house brand chain is good chain at a good deal but does not come in low kickback "safety" models.

/ Tractor Supply and Jonsered? #5  
The Jonsered brand (which is owned by the same people that own Husqvarna) is being discontinued in the US. That model should have a Husqvarna twin in case you need parts. As mentioned above, you don't need chain that's got either of those brands on it. You can usually buy chain online for considerably cheaper. All you need is the numbers stamped on your bar. Oregon makes most of the Husqvarna/Jonsered chain anyway.

/ Tractor Supply and Jonsered? #6  
Yep....only 3 pieces of info needed.

Chain pitch.....325, 3/8, 3/8 low profile, etc
Drive link gauge......050, 058, 063, etc
Drive link count....

All three are stamped on the bar.
All three are listed on a package of chain.

/ Tractor Supply and Jonsered? #7  
I use Stihl brand chains exclusively on my Husqvarna and Dolmar chainsaws. They just seam to keep a sharp edge longer (at least for me). In the past I've used Oregon and Husqvarna brands because they were easy to get. If you have a dealer close by you can just take your saws to them and they will set you up with the right chain. From there just save the package as it will have all the information you need. The dealer has hours that make it hard for me to get to them without buying over the phone and having them leave the chain outside after hours so I usually buy on-line. As for replacement bars I buy the Husqvarna bar and either get at Lowes or TSC (the Jonsered equivalent). The Dolmar uses the exact same bar as the larger Husqvarnas use so it also got a Husqvarna bar but none of the box stores carry bars for the larger saws. TSC is nice because they are open late and I drive by them 3 or 4 times a week.

/ Tractor Supply and Jonsered? #8  
The Jonsered brand (which is owned by the same people that own Husqvarna) is being discontinued in the US.

That sucks. I just bought a Jonsered 2166 from Bailey's a few months back. Quickly turned it into a 372XP/2172. Also did a muffler mod on it. Good running saw.

I think if I were to buy another saw right now it would be a Dolmar 7900. Everyone who owns one seems to love that saw. My dad owns a Dolmar 6100 and he's sold on Dolmar over his Stihl and Husky saws now.