Chainsaw mount

/ Chainsaw mount #1  

Boondox

Elite Member
Tractor
Deere 4044R cab, Kubota KX-121-3S
Found this on www.montanajacks.com. It's made for mounting a chainsaw horizontally on the front or rear rack of an ATV, but it looks like with a bit of modification it might just mount on the lower portion of my ROPS.

Comments?

Pete

www.GatewayToVermont.com

Attachments

• 37-53655-cc03.jpg
    37-53655-cc03.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 1,273
   / Chainsaw mount #2  
The bar clamp looks like a decent idea, though I want to have something that will allows me to have my fuel and oil on board as well. I've been thinking along the lines of a 2'x4' box that would rest on the hood and attatch to the loader frame cross bar just in front of the steering wheel. Putting a box there keeps it clear of branches and snags. It's "on the list" - maybe I'll find time to work on that this winter. 'gotta go pack - off to a timber frame engineering course for a week./w3tcompact/icons/cool.gif

Andy in NH

/ Chainsaw mount #3  
Can't tell from the picture, but what holds the motor end to keep it from bouncing around? Not a bad idea, would it work vertically? From the picture, chainsaw is wider than 4 wheeler which could make it interesting when you get a little too close to things. Now I'm wondering how many other 4wheeler goodies could be swapped in for more practical "fun" uses on the bigger toys.