Chainsaws

/ Chainsaws #1  

Hillbilly

Platinum Member
My JD dealer sells John Deere tractors,but no JohnDeere chainsaws,he sells Stihl instead.It doesnt seem ethical.I figured a green chainsaw would have to be the best! No?

/ Chainsaws #2  
Hillbilly,

If you had a choice between Homelite or Stihl for about the same price... which would you buy?

No offense, even NOT at the same price... who makes the better overall chainsaw?

18-35197-JD5205JFMsignaturelogo.JPG

/ Chainsaws #3  
NO! I'm a big fan of <font color=green>green</font color=green> tractors, but for a great chain saw you have to go <font color=orange>orange</font color=orange>. Get a Stihl /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

15-43440-790signaturegif.gif

/ Chainsaws
I have a Stihl and I am not going to change.I was just poking a little fun,I asked the dealer if they carried JD saws via the phone knowing they carried Stihl saws just to hear what he would say and why he didnt carry JD power equipment..I like my tractors green and my chainsaws and brush cutters orange.

/ Chainsaws #6  
<font color=blue>...brush cutters orange...</font color=blue>

Hillbilly... I've never seen an <font color=orange>orange</font color=orange> rotary cutter.../w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

By the way, you have great taste in chainsaws.../w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

18-35196-JDMFWDSigJFM.JPG

/ Chainsaws #7  
Well, I'm sure you guys are right about the Stihl and Husky saws, but us amateurs . . .. I've got an orange tractor, but a green saw; a Poulan Wood Shark. It hadn't been used in a year and a half, and I even forgot to run the gas out of it the last time, but this week, I got it out, dumped the old gas out, put fresh gas in, fired it up and went at the tree pruning. May not be big enough for serious forestry work, but then neither am I./w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

Bird

/ Chainsaws
By brush cutters,I mean a heavy duty style grass trimmer with a brush blade for the heavy stuff that the string and teflon blades will not handle. :) Mine is a Stihl FS 88,if you really want to get serious Stihl has an FS 550 clearing saw.Awesome stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!

/ Chainsaws #9  
I might be some what late with my reply since this thread was in 2001, but I just joined this forum.
So here gos I just bought a STIHL MS211 had a PulanPro. Bought in 2013, just wondering if anyone from this old thread are sill around.

/ Chainsaws #10  
I'm still "a round", because I never was a square... lol

Anyway, all of my "useful" saws are Husqvarna... I'll probably stick with that brand because Husky saws have been good reliable saws for me.

SR