chainsaw holder/ chain hook

/ chainsaw holder/ chain hook #1  

strokerduster

Silver Member
Tractor
kubota b3030
i saw a post on TBN showing a holder mounted on side of tractor to carry chainsaw and logging chains. thought it was a good idea. i found this box (3/16" thick 4x4 steel tubing) laying in the road today. painted, drilled 1 hole and mounted. looks like it oughta work good. time will tell....... /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Attachments

• 743867-mazda 094.jpg
    743867-mazda 094.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 1,182
   / chainsaw holder/ chain hook
another view /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Attachments

• 743868-mazda 095.jpg
    743868-mazda 095.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 964
   / chainsaw holder/ chain hook #3  
Looks good but is it going to bounce around in there? Going to be hard on the teeth! /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

think i'll come up with something to insulate inside and strap down with a bungy cord.

/ chainsaw holder/ chain hook #5  
Looks great, except as you mentioned, t'will be rough on the sharp teeth and the tip may be caught by a branch or stick in the woods. Ouch! If a wood plug could be made to fit the tube and channel the blade inside it, I think it would be better for the saw.

Thanks for the pics.

i think it will fit with the plastic bar guard that came with the saw also.

/ chainsaw holder/ chain hook #7  
I like that box you found, any idea what it might have come from or off of? I'm wanting to mount some kind of box as well to carry a few tools.

just laying on the side of the road with a short piece of chain welded to it..........

/ chainsaw holder/ chain hook #9  
If you run a bungee cord around it it will reduce the bumping. I use a wooden box used for shipping wine to hold my chainsaw. Just sliced a slot on one end for the bar to stick through and then bungee it to the racks of my ATV or the bars of my 3-point hitch. Left in one set of bottle racks to make a tray area for tools, chains, etc. You can generally get them for free at stores and they come in a variety of sizes and configurations. I chose a box branded for a nice pinot noir but a chablis will work fine as well. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif