Husqvarna Chainsaw: 575XP

/ Husqvarna Chainsaw: 575XP #1  

schole

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota L3400
Just sharing a few thoughts for anyone interested in purchasing this saw (73.5cc). I finally got mine home and cut up a few cords this afternoon in 1/4 the time it would have taken with my 42cc Poulan.

The most notable difference from other saws I have used in the 50-80cc range is that this one seems to perform a little better when under load on large material. Perhaps it is the newness, but I thought I could push much harder compared with similar mid-70cc saws before I could make this saw bog down.

With 20" bar, fuel and oil, I weighed it at 20.8 lbs. It is advertized at 15.4 lbs dry, with no bar. As such, it seems most suited to cutting things 6" and larger most of the time. I think a much smaller saw would do just fine if most of your cutting is 8" and less.

Overall, this saw is a dream to use: well balanced, glassy smooth, without noticeable vibration, and ample power. You won't feel bad about tackling a 14" Maple...kinda fun to see how fast it will go through! It is still light enough so that limbing doesn't kill you.

I'm hoping this one will last and satisfy for a long, long time.

Shawn

/ Husqvarna Chainsaw: 575XP #2  
My first thought was, what the heck's a Husky 575XP?, then I did some Googling, and voila. Looks like you got a winner there. I have a bunch of the Husky "3" series saws, including the 372XP, the one the 575's supposed to replace - if it's better than the 372, then it's a GREAT saw. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Husqvarna Chainsaw: 575XP
Good to hear some positive feedback from an experienced user. I tried to buy the 372, but they were all 'sold out' and replaced with this saw. I hope it will last for ages. Shawn

/ Husqvarna Chainsaw: 575XP #4  
cuts through maple like butter? wish we had one of those. Our Sthil farmboss 029 might be easy to survice but takes a while to cut through maple