How To Start A 011AVT Stihl Chainsaw ?

/ How To Start A 011AVT Stihl Chainsaw ? #1  

NY_Yankees_Fan

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota BX 2200
I need your help:confused: . I picked up a 011AVT Stihl Chainsaw on e-bay and got it today, of course no manual with it. Any idea how to start it??:( I see a choke, an on button and that is about it, no gas primer bulb. Any suggetions? I will look for a manual on e-bay, but until one comes along, HELP!

Thanks

/ How To Start A 011AVT Stihl Chainsaw ? #2  
Have you tried the usual things, check for proper fuel/oil mixture, turn switch on, flip choke full on, Squeeze trigger a couple of times, pull till it tries to start then go to half choke and pull again and be carefull
Jim

/ How To Start A 011AVT Stihl Chainsaw ?
Jim,

Can it be that simple?? :eek: Got to get some gas for it and try it. Anyone know if it is 40 or 50 to 1 oil to be added to the gas?? I have 50 but not 40, any harm using 50 instead of 40 IF it is 40?? First Stihl gas powered chain saw I have owned, have used friends other saws, tired of asking to borrow so picked one up.

/ How To Start A 011AVT Stihl Chainsaw ? #4  
I think its that easy and for the mixture, go to a dealer and tell him what you have and he will sell you a small container of oil that will treat one gallon of gas and make sure you use a new and clean can and label it in big letters
CHAINSAW GAS!!
and you should be good to go
Jim

/ How To Start A 011AVT Stihl Chainsaw ? #5  
Tom!! News Flash!
Go to the Stihl site and DL a free manual for your saw..

Jim

/ How To Start A 011AVT Stihl Chainsaw ? #6  
I think it's 50:1 but I'm in the house and the manuals are up in the shop. :D

My recommendation would be sure to always use Stihl oil in your premix.

The start procedure for my 031AV is flip electrical switch on, push in trigger lock while trigger is squeezed all the way in and then release trigger while holding the lock in, flip the choke on and pull the starter rope. On mine you generally have to reduce to half choke immediately once it starts otherwise it will die.

/ How To Start A 011AVT Stihl Chainsaw ? #7  
I always buy the little Stihl or Husky oil bottles that are pre-measured to make 1 gallon. They're by far the easiest way to mix up 2-cycle for the amounts I usually use a year. You don't have to worry about the ratio, or having a left over partially full oil bottle that can get contaminated or in-advertantly used for motor oil.

As far as starting:
  1. Turn choke on
  2. pull until a cough or sputter
  3. turn choke off and pull again, it will usually fire right up
  4. if you keep the choke on after the first cough or sputter, you'll most likely flood it with subsequent pulls

/ How To Start A 011AVT Stihl Chainsaw ? #8  
and make sure the on/off button is on

/ How To Start A 011AVT Stihl Chainsaw ? #9  
Try this:
turn switch on
put choke on full
lock throttle on
pull until you you get one "pop' from trying to fire
turn off choke
give several more pulls & it should take right off

if not you might change the plug & try the steps again

I had my old Stihl sit for 3-4 years, put new gas in it & it took right off