Jinma 254 problems

/ Jinma 254 problems #1  

mitchash

Gold Member
Tractor
Mahindra MAX 28XL, Jinma 254 (Sold)
I have a new crate Jinma 254 that I am getting ready to do some logging with. Here are a couple of problems I am having with it. 1) The tack/hour meter (I have the single gages) won't work, there is a red wire (round spade end) that I don't know where it goes from it. There is a black (ground) wire connected with a yellow wire on the same post on the back of the tack. 2) Fuel gage isn't working right, it moves a little when the key is on but thats it. There is a post (third one) with no wire on it. 3) I changed the hyd/trans oil, there is only one dip stick for both? It didn't take as much oil as the book said. 4) Whats the procedure for changing the front axle oil?
Other than it runs great! thanks for any help, Ash

/ Jinma 254 problems #2  
The fuel gauge issue sounds like a ground wire issue - I found mine to be loose at the sending unit (top of the tank). Individual gauges sorta dates the tractor, so you might have the wiring version where the tach was connected to the oil pressure sending unit. I think my tach was connected to the OPSU and to the battery (via fuse panel). Third wire I think was for a backlit gauge. Mine wasn't so it wasn't connected.

Did you find any little white number tags on the ends of the individual wires?

There are at least three drains for the rear - and three more for the front axle. Obviously if you don't get all the old stuff out, there won't be room to replace it with the stated capacity. Tranny/diff drain #1 should be on the underside of the diff housing at the rear. Might have been a 2nd one back there, I don't remember. Another is on the bottom of the transfer case, yet another just forward and a little higher up on the underside of the mid-connect (creeper) housing. Front diff/axle housing has center drain, plus one on the underside of each outer drive housing.

Kerosene flush is recommended for tranny/diff, front diff/hydraulic system - engine flush for engine/sump - and cooling system flush for radiator/block. Do this BEFORE you change any filters.

//greg//

Last edited: