TS354C injector pump problems

/ TS354C injector pump problems #1  

michaelTS354

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kama TS354C
I wanted to ask how serious my injector pump problem is. My Kama Ts354c has 70 hrs and I have changed the injector pump oil atleast two times. I always noticed the oil level was high due to diesel getting into the oil. The last time I used my tractor I notice a steady drip of something coming out of the left side and it was a mix of diesel and the injector pump oil over flowing out the vent in the top of the injector pump. It seems this is getting more serious, any help is appreciated.

/ TS354C injector pump problems #2  
If you are a fairly skilled mechanic and have a good digital camera, I can help you through an overhaul. Otherwise just make a couple of witness marks on the injector pump mounting flange and engine block, remove the pump and governor assembly, and take it to the nearest diesel shop for repair and calibration. In the meantime, don't touch the engine.
Your symptoms indicate a barrel/plunger issue.

/ TS354C injector pump problems #3  
Hi,

Following Bob Rooks remarks, I would also suggest after the repairs, that you really clean out the fuel system including the fuel tank. Would be a good idea to add an extra fine fuel filter somewhere. The barrels and plungers have critical clearances and if grit or other hard particle get to the pump elements, they cause havoc. Often a jammed plunger will result, but sometimes the particles are so fine they act as an abrasive in the pump barrels wearing away the fine clearances and causing leakage. Adding a lubricant to the diesl fuel might also be worth doing.

Anyway, just a thought on my part and I think, worth considering.

HTH

mariner

/ TS354C injector pump problems
Ok, also I didnt mention, when changing the oil I noticed a reflection on very fine brass colored shavings in it. I probably could rebuild it my self, what is replaced in a re-build?

/ TS354C injector pump problems #5  
What about warranty? are you past that time yet? What does the your dealer say? 70 hrs. I would think their should be warranty. I'm not a big fan of jobber pump places, at least in my area. As soon as they find out it's Chinese look out prices skyrocket. They just don't like any thing Chinese around here. I own a JM 354 and I have to be careful who talk to around here about parts and I referring to the big three or four tractor dealerships and the local pump shop been some ugly sentiments expressed. I know it's a real bad deal but I'm not about to change anyone's mind around here,so I would rather go to the guy I bought the machine from. Maybe things will change in time cause some parts are generic to tractors of that catagory size.

/ TS354C injector pump problems #6  
michaelTS354 said:
Ok, also I didnt mention, when changing the oil I noticed a reflection on very fine brass colored shavings in it. I probably could rebuild it my self, what is replaced in a re-build?

Hi,

I am going to guess that the bushing where the shaft goes throught the flange of the geartrain housing, is worn. This will give you the bronze/brass shavings in the fuel pump sump ( the greater pressure from oil or gas being the engine side), being carried over with oil entering the fuel pump housing due to a worn/failed seal.

I don't know if this is a correct assumption, but if the oil level is increasing inside the fuel pump, then it has to be either diesel or lube oil. The brass/bronze shavings indicate a shaft bearing - most likely the one in the flange that bolts to the gear casing.

HTH

Please post back what you found and the remedy.

Jim

/ TS354C injector pump problems
Are the repair parts available? I will first try the guy I bought the tractor from. I am sure Chip can get the parts if he cant.

/ TS354C injector pump problems #8  
We don't stock the parts for the pump. but do stock a complete pump for the YD485 engine. We have worked on a couple of "foreign" tractors (masseys and David Brown) and had thier pumps rebuilt at a qualified local shop, it cost more than what a complete new pump costs for this tractor... if that is any consolation. Let me know if we can help.

/ TS354C injector pump problems #9  
You can find Yangdong YD485 Engine parts and the fuel pump at Yangdong YD485 Engine Parts

There is a kit available to fix it also.

Aurora Generators sell generators with the same engine.