Red lite on new Jinma?

/ Red lite on new Jinma? #1  

Red55

Gold Member
Finally got my new jinma284 (crated) on Sat & having a blast :) putting it together. Started it up and noticed a round RED lite was on. It's the new display and the red lite is to the right of the battery icon. Shut down engine cause I don't know what the RED lite is all about. Engine sounded great once the left over chinese diesel was gone. .. Operator's manual still shows old gauge setup (no Help). Any ideas? Thanks:)

/ Red lite on new Jinma? #2  
Hmm.. turn the key on so that the red lamp comes on.. then pull the line to the oil pressure sender and see if the light goes off. if it does.. find out why... could be a bad oil sender.

( might not be oil.. I'm not familiar with that engine.. but could be any sender.. temp.. etc.. )

Soundguy

/ Red lite on new Jinma? #3  
The red light means that you have successfully assembled the tractor and that it is time to crack open a 6-pack of Tsingtao!!!

I'm pretty sure that is what they do in China when it starts up...................

/ Red lite on new Jinma? #4  
Is it the battery/charge light? on my 05's panel, the two lights it has for engine info, low oil pressure and charge are located to the left of the gauges and have battery and oil can symbols over the lights(light shines thru the icon). Both these lights come on when the key is turned on and go out as soon as the oil pressure rises a few PSI above 0 and the volt regulator senses power out from the alternator(opens a contact in the alternator and shuts off the light under the battery icon).

Does your gauge panel have an amp gauge on it? If so, it should go into the negative while warming the glow plugs and cranking the engine during startup and immediatly go into the positive range as soon as the engine runs. As the alternator makes up the power consumed by the preheat/startup, this amp indication will gradually drop back near zero/center. If yours is not doing this, you may have a charge circuit/alternator problem.

Do you have a picture of your panel?

/ Red lite on new Jinma?
thks Sound guy. . . chk oil sending unit no difference if disconnected.

Ron lite did not go out (that's why I'm concern) It is next to battery icon and I don't have an amp gauge. My gauges are Fuel/temp then Tach then Oil pressure If the round red lite had a P in it ya think you left the parking brake on. You might be right about charging. I'll get the meter out and see if the voltage to the battery goes up while running. I did charge battery while assemblying the tractor. Oh the oil pressure gauge works.

Gordon21 Had a six-pack of bud. . . (American assembled tractor) It helped with the sore back

Thanks Ed

/ Red lite on new Jinma? #6  
You should see around 14.5 VDC at the battery with the engine running.

So another gauge variant in the Jinma saga:)

/ Red lite on new Jinma? #7  
The red light is supposed to be on when your tractor is on. It does not indicate anything with the oil or temp, just that your ignition switch is on.

Ron