Price Check Jinma 254 price?

/ Jinma 254 price? #1  

hill

Gold Member
Tractor
'07 KuBoTa B7800 and Jinma 254
What's the best price imaginable for a new Jinma 254 25 hp tractor built in March, 2007?

Is $6000. too high for an assembled, running machine with only 5 or 6 hours?

I'm not trying to make a joke - there's a possibility that I may be offered such a deal as described but it seems too cheap when I look to Northern tools and see same machine, same config, (no loader or backhoe. No implements. Only the front weights, toolset, spare bulbs, etc. that apparently come with them all...... BTW - Kubota doesn't give any of that stuff, none of it)

/ Jinma 254 price? #3  
I think you got quite a deal. I see in your profile that your other tractor is a Kubota, I'll be interested to see how they compare.

/ Jinma 254 price?
quicksandfarmer said:
I think you got quite a deal. I see in your profile that your other tractor is a Kubota, I'll be interested to see how they compare.

I've been curious about them since I first saw one. I really didn't expect that this one would go for so low a bid after 20 people showed their interest in it with bids before mine. But there it was. I'm close enough to go pick it up.

If I keep it I'm sure I'll be in here with questions and/or issues.

/ Jinma 254 price?
Affordable said:
Looks like you got a steal,that is below dealer cost and freight from china,not sure why someone would sell at such a loss,If you need any parts give us a call or e-mail

Tommy
Affordable Tractor Sales
Home of compact Jinma, Foton, and Koyker Tractors and Parts, Wood Chippers, Backhoes - Affordable Tractor Sales Company

Thanks Tommy, I had no idea of the dealer cost. I do know that the seller is not the owner - they're auction brokers who take in things from owners to sell for them, earning a percentage doing it. They handle a lot of Boeing's surplus equipment from the Seattle factory.

Funny thing is that they had another identical tractor listed as a buy-it-now auction and the price on that one was $9,995.00! That's $2K more than the high Northern Tool pricing. So I think maybe they didn't know how to sell them and tried one with no reserve and the other with a buy-it-now price. Seems like a pretty dumb way to run a business but I'm sure not in a position to complain about it right now....:D

/ Jinma 254 price? #7  
Since they are an auction house, and have(had) 4 of them, could be someone imported a container load to try and decided it wasn't for them, maybe had a bank involved or something. I didn't see a warranty mentioned but at that price you cant go wrong, especially since you are close enough not to have to pay freight.

/ Jinma 254 price?
bluechip said:
Since they are an auction house, and have(had) 4 of them, could be someone imported a container load to try and decided it wasn't for them, maybe had a bank involved or something. I didn't see a warranty mentioned but at that price you cant go wrong, especially since you are close enough not to have to pay freight.

Yeah, the auction house makes clear that all items are sold "as-is, where is" and makes no warranty. They're also clear in saying that returns would only be accepted if SUBSTANTIAL differences between what's shown and what the buyer finds are present. They go so far as to specify that only images and any video representation made by them will be reliable descriptors, thereby protecting themselves against any possible mistyping or written description made by someone in their employ who lacks qualifications to assess an item.

But it's a new tractor with four hours on the clock. That IS pretty clear from the photos and video provided.

You guys are right.........I think I stole this thing!

/ Jinma 254 price? #9  
hill, did you get it yet? Or did they refuse to let it go for such a price?

/ Jinma 254 price?
DavesTractor said:
hill, did you get it yet? Or did they refuse to let it go for such a price?

I've got it - went up Friday and trailored it home. They seemed disgruntled a little and when I said that the low price surprised me one of them said "Yeah, it surprised us too" :D

I've got it in my shop to look it over and do a few things that hopefully will prevent future problems. The assembly looks good - everything is tight, but there were a couple of hoses lying against sharp edges waiting to rub through. I added some heater hose bumpers and tied the hoses away from danger.

Mostly I'm pretty impressed with this tractor. There's a whole LOT of extras that came with it that Kubota doesn't supply- Spare parts, filters, bulbs tools, a steel toolbox, front and wheel weights, rear worklight, canopy, horn, manuals, and an oil/fuel filter wrench that looks like it'll work.

I went down to town and got some new oils for it so that's today's agenda. It's raining anyway.