Jinma Fittings

/ Jinma Fittings #1  

Wayne County Hose

Veteran Member
Tractor
Massey Ferguson model 85, Allis-Chalmers WD-45
I've been following the threads on the Jinma backhoe metric ORFS fittings. I would like to see these fittings. If anyone has an old hose they can ship me, I will pay the freight and consider it a personal favor. I am trying to source these and need an example to do so. Even if they are made in China only, I can find them. Thanks guys, Andy.

/ Jinma Fittings #2  
Darryl Carver at Adaptall has given me a part # 9022F-08-18
for a male jic #8 to a female 18x1.5 flat face.

/ Jinma Fittings #3  
biggerten said:
Darryl Carver at Adaptall has given me a part # 9022F-08-18
for a male jic #8 to a female 18x1.5 flat face.

I think that flat face fitting has the "O" ring at the base. The valve block on my HW-03 backhoe appears to use a straight 18 X 1.5MM("O" ring at base of threads) to male 18X1.5MM ORFS adapter on all the ports of the valve to interface to the female ORFS hose ends. You can find this part in a JIC conversion as you mentioned fairly easilly. It is the other end on the cylinder trying to find an 18 X 1.5MM ORFS female to JIC fitting that is proving difficult:)

I have found standard versions of the ORFS fittings, and some companies that say they make metrics, but they were not very forthcomming with their metric information. I also didn't have all that much time to devote to it. I wasn't finding them easilly. That along with everyone else saying they weren't either, drove me on to another plan.

I havn't tore up any hoses yet, so don't have a end to send you Andy. They appear to be pretty satraight forward though. The males look like a straight metric thread with a recess in the face(small lip around outside edge) to hold a fiber washer or "O" ring. This differs from the domestic ORFS fittings I have seen that have an actual "O" ring groove milled in the face. The Females have a straight metric thread cap that swivels over a flat faced flange that meets and compresses the "O" ring on the male side. This link to circle G shows the males pretty well. If you click on one of the parts, there are other detailed pics with measurements to help identify the part. The first two are the adapters used on the valve ports. The second two are the flange fittings that bolt onto the pump body. Jinma Hydraulic Fittings : Circle G Tractor Sales, Inc., We have the parts!

/ Jinma Fittings
Ron,

Thanks for the description and the info. I just ordered all the adaptoll catalogs. I also have an email into Darryl at Adaptall asking for clarification on the 9022 fittings. It's too hard to tell from their catalog if that's the right fitting.

I am going to get these fittings in no matter what. Last thing I need is for someone to come into my shop with a hose and I can't help him. I hate that feeling. Almost as bad as seeing the taxman come to my door.

Edit- Just heard from Darryl, the 9022 is metric orfs. He says they only have one size right now, maybe that's all there is a call for. I will also call some of the big shops I know to see if they have a source.

Last edited:
   / Jinma Fittings #5  
I was communicating with Darryl specifically about an adapter for the cylinder (and hard line) ends. I agree that the fitting for the valve body (a 18x1.5 male to male JIC) is not that hard to find.

I'll be looking forward to hear how Andy makes out, the Adaptall parts were kind of expensive.

This is all research for me, I don't use my LW-7 to make a living, so a breakdown won't hurt me too much. When a hose goes, THEN I'll look at conversion to JIC. I just want to have the information handy.

/ Jinma Fittings
biggerten said:
I was communicating with Darryl specifically about an adapter for the cylinder (and hard line) ends. I agree that the fitting for the valve body (a 18x1.5 male to male JIC) is not that hard to find.

They are widely available. Just make sure you get the bonded seal (o-ring with a steel washer) as that is what makes the seal.

Any metric adaptor is expensive. The less popular it is, the more money it is. The set-up and tooling costs have to be made up somewhere. JIC fittings are made by the million. Metric are made by the thousand. Harder to make-up the manufacturing cost on low production units.

/ Jinma Fittings #7  
I've posted about the Jinma fittings and made my own. I have a good local hydraulic shop, Trident Supply . They pulled out their fittings matching kits and couldn't determine what they were. They even tried to put a new sleeve on the original hose and barb but it wouldn't hold. (they didn't charge me to try this)
Here is a pic of the Jinma fittings, I cut the barb off about 1/2" and welded the JIC to it.

Attachments

• 000_0389.JPG
    000_0389.JPG
    488.2 KB · Views: 322