new improvements on 254s?

/ new improvements on 254s? #1  

magyarbacsi

Silver Member
This question is mainly for the mechanics, importers and dealers of these Chinese tractors. I've noticed that some earlier suggestions on improving the machines is now factory installed. Example, there is an old thread on how to add an external filter to the hydraulic unit. I see that the factory now installs a large in-line spin on filter and rerouted the low pressure line that is no longer under the seat, but goes to the lower right side of the case.

I continuously come across posts re premature wear and failure of the clutch pack and broken front axles. Is the company doing something better regarding these two major issues? I dont mind the electronics like the switches as one can modify them buy just putting individual togle switches to the various circutis, i.e. lights, glow plugs and even just have a starter button for the starter, like the older ford trucks etc. Braking an axle or having to split the unit to replace the clutch takes a bit more doing.

So how are the replacement units hold up and is there for example a better made clutch pack available or do we just put on another problematic unit and hope for the best?

/ new improvements on 254s? #2  
Just buy one... Go for it... You can't loose... And you seem like a real smart guy so no problem should be too big...