Jinma Implement Grease Fittings

/ Jinma Implement Grease Fittings #1  

doxford jim

Veteran Member
Tractor
1959 MF-65 sold, 2007 Jinma 554 diesel.
Hi Everyone,

Went to put some grease into the zerks on my Jinma FEL and found the grease squeezed out around the nipple, none going inside. Bought a new grease gun end fitting - still no improvement, same problem.

Took grease fitting out and tried to identify the thread type and size. This is where it gets strange. The grease fitting has a metric thread of sorts but is very fine. I have both metric and imperial grease fittings (spares) and the Jinma one does not match any of them. Has anyone been able to identify the fitting size and thread?

Reason I ask is that I really don't want to drill and tap to install better zerks, however, I guess I am going to have to if there are not any worthwhile replacements. The zerks that came with the FEL have the nipple a smaller size than would be the normal standard (imperial or metric) and I haven't yet found a fitting coupler that will work with them.

By the way, the zerks on the Jinma 554 tractor are fine and I have been able to grease these without any problems.

Maybe this is just another anomoly with the chinses tracor that needs to be sorted out.

Thx for listening to my gripe!

mariner

/ Jinma Implement Grease Fittings #2  
mariner,
Sounds as if the zerks is plugged up, probably dried grease. Heat it up, place it in the grease gun and see if you can force the grease through it. If it works put it back in the implement and try to grease it. It is possible that the passage way on the implement is plugged up.

If the fitting is bad, there are types you can buy, at least here in the USA, that are barbed and not threaded and you simply press it in. Place a small enough socket over the fitting that will rest on the fitting's shoulder and tap it in with a hammer. I'd try to clean the original fitting first as the second method is non harder to remove once in and it may be the implement that is preventing the flow.

It just started to snow here which is not normal for Seattle. Not an extended forecast, just for a day or two. Looks nice.

/ Jinma Implement Grease Fittings #3  
It should read...once in it is harder to remove....

/ Jinma Implement Grease Fittings #4  
Mariner,

Try a 1/8" x 27 thread per inch pitch (1/8" Tapered pipe) zerk.

Larry

/ Jinma Implement Grease Fittings #5  
Mariner- You problably know this already - I didn't or I forgot and I had the same problem greased zerks on tractor no problem but couldnot grease zerks on BH or FEL. 3rrl reminded me about adjusting nipple on new grease gun -problem fixed (I too had pulled zerks and tried to get grease in and no luck until I adjusted the nipple! DUH) :eek: -Ed