Service for a tractor in Southern California

/ Service for a tractor in Southern California #1  

Momboy007

Silver Member
Tractor
Jinma 304
Hello All,
I have had my Jinma for over 2 Years now and it has about 110 Hours on it. I have been reading alot lately on this site and did not buy my 304 from a reputable dealer, should have, but I plead ignorance! Anyhow, does anyone know a good Dealer in Southern California to have this thing service correctly, I did the initial flushing, but would like to have my clutch checked and whatever else needs done at 100 Hours, valves, new fluid etc...
I actually live in Temecula Ca Can anyone help?
Thanks,
Rick

/ Service for a tractor in Southern California
Anyone?
Rick

/ Service for a tractor in Southern California #3  
Have you Google'd "Jinma Dealers" or "Tractor Dealers"?
Have you checked the Yellow Pages (book & online)?

I was born and raised in the Bay Area (been away for awhile), but I've never heard of "Temecula".

Hello,
Temecula in in Southern California between San Diego and L.A, about 60 miles north of San Diego and 90 Miles from L.A. We are on the 15.
Rick

/ Service for a tractor in Southern California #5  
Rick,

Do you have the tools, time, skills and desire to do this yourself? The clutch and valve adjustments are straight forward and very easy on these tractors.

If you want to DIY. Here are procedures:
How to perform the valve adjustment - CLICK HERE
How to adjust the drive clutch and PTO clutch - CLICK HERE

There are quite a few Jinma & Kama owners in California that are members, maybe one close to you?

Larry

/ Service for a tractor in Southern California #6  
Hey Rick,
Larry is right. There are several Chinese tractor owners near you. I am currently in Rancho Cucamonga and I know exactly where Temecula is. I have a best buddy who lives there and we played a lot of golf there. There was a dealer Kwic Industires near you in Murrietta, but I'm afraid they are gone now.

Go to the links Larry posted and try doing it yourself. When I got my tractor from back East, I knew I'd have to do all the service and maintenance myself. I learned a lot and it's been a fun ride. TBN and the other sites have been a major help to me.

Thanks All,
I have done all the flushing and draining, no problem there and if it is like a gas motor or motorcycle, I can do the valve adjustment as well, but I have read here over and over that the clutch finger adjustment sounds out of my league, I will check the links and let you know
Thanks,
Rick

P.S. I almost bought a chipper/shredder from that Qwik place, they wanted too much!

/ Service for a tractor in Southern California #8  
Momboy007 trust me it sounds a lot harder then it is! I am no mechanic and was very leary of trying the clutch adjustment. But was more concern about splitting the tractor to replace the clutch (ah my back:p :p ) All the dealers will tell you the adjustment is never right from the factory. Do a search On John's tractor there is an excellent write-up by spiker. It is easier than it looks -Ed

O.K. All,
I am going to try it
Rick

Hello Red55,
I went to Johns tractor, but cannot find a place to launch a search.
Any ideas?
Thanks for everyone's help
Rick