Oil & Fuel Jinma Oil Filters

/ Jinma Oil Filters #1  

mitchash

Gold Member
Tractor
Mahindra MAX 28XL, Jinma 254 (Sold)
Does anyone have the NAPA part numbers for all the oil filters for a Jinma 254?
Thanks,
Ash

/ Jinma Oil Filters #2  
I think a 1516 is the correct Napa number for the oil filter, but I am not home right now to go look. You will most likley have to unthread the nipple a little in the boss to get adequate thread engagement on the filter. The stock filter top is slightly domed, where most domestic filters are slightly cupped requiring a longer nipple. The filter boss on mine had a nipple with locknut and plenty of available thread to unscrew it and lock it in it's new location to accomidate the domestic filter.

I also think there is some filter cross-reference info on Johns Jinma website.

/ Jinma Oil Filters #3  
mitchash said:
Does anyone have the NAPA part numbers for all the oil filters for a Jinma 254?
Which aftermarket filter depends a whole lot on the age of your machine. Jinma has put several different filters on the 254, not all of which are interchangeable. Do you have an OE number on the one that's installed now? or the one in the spare parts box?

//greg//

/ Jinma Oil Filters #4  
Greg is right. I have a 2003 Jinma 254 and my good friend bought a 2004 254. We both use a Fram PH3950. It is shorter and fatter, threads are the same and so is the gasket diameter, but its what our dealer recommended and has worked good for me, about 9 changes now. I am sure you can cross it over to your favorite brand.

Chris

/ Jinma Oil Filters #5  
I have yet to find a filter (aftermarket) that I could use. All of the NAPA ones I looked at did not have the dome. I can't move the nipple down at all as there are no other threads. For now, I stuck using the china filters that came withe the tractor. (Nortrac 204c)

/ Jinma Oil Filters #6  
This is a problem that has been solved. Check out Ronald at Ranch Hand Supply, I posted a link below. Go to the replacement parts tab on the left then click on your oil filter and it will show what he has a fix. He has made a cost effective new filter setup that uses a standard filter from Fram, WIX, NAPA, ect. The problem is on some tractors they used a short nipple. He has machined longer ones and converts the threads to ones with more filter selections. Ronald has been around these tractors for some time so he knows his stuff and I would not hesitate to buy from him if needed.

Jinma Dealer, Wood Chipper , Compact Jinma Tractors

Chris

/ Jinma Oil Filters #7  
If you still need filter crossovers and fluid capacities email me at
action-equip@chater.net I have them for the older models and the new model Jinma's in fram and napa.

/ Jinma Oil Filters #8  
If you have one of the metric threaded filters remove the stub. Remove it and have a machine shop mate it to or thread it to a 3/4 inch. I think its best to convert to 3/4 inch and use something like a wix 51515 about the same as Ford FL1A.
I did this 3 years ago I think it cost about $20.
I have a Foton 404.

/ Jinma Oil Filters
I haven't had much time to get on here lately but I'm still looking for after market filters for my Jinma 254. The stock filter numbers are: Engine oil filter JX0707 Hydraulic oil filter JX0811A Fuel filter HECX0706

Thanks for any help,
Ash

/ Jinma Oil Filters #10  
Ash,
I have the 284, but believe the filters are the same.
The attached picture shows what I have been using. Check your JX0707 threads. It appears that there are 2 types with that same number. Mine was 3/4x16 thread and I used the Fram PH3600.

There is also a JX0707 with M20x1.5 threads. This SUPPOSEDLY can use Wix 51381 or Baldwin B-173S.
RonJ

Attachments

• Tractor Filters.jpg
    Tractor Filters.jpg
    411 KB · Views: 4,629