broken 3ph mount

/ broken 3ph mount #1  

Dadsgreenpsd

Bronze Member
Tractor
Jinma 254, and JCB 1550B
I was doing some bucket work with my 254 Jinma, and the auger on the post hole digger fetched up against something, and broke both ears off of the upper mount at the back of the tranny. Should I have them welded, or get a new rear tranny cover? If this is the better option, how many choices do I have to get the right part?

Thanks!

/ broken 3ph mount #2  
Dadsgreenpsd said:
...and broke both ears off of the upper mount at the back of the tranny.
I'm at a loss. Might you be talking about the toplink bracket? Or the upper lift arms? Something else?

Little matter though, don't fool around welding cast parts that are subjected to force from the hydraulics - either direct or indirect. Replace them.

//greg//

/ broken 3ph mount #3  
Sounds like the toplink bracket. I agree with Greg, if it is cast, probably best to replace it...

/ broken 3ph mount #4  
I did the same thing building my deck. Had the auger on the back and got it stuck in the ground. Thought I could rock it out with the tractor going forward and backward. Well broke the ears on the top link mount. Got a estimate to have it welded, $60. Called Tommy at Affordable Tractors and got a new one with a new gasket and stop pin for the lift cylinder for less money shipped to my house in 3 days. He had them in stock, give him or Ranch Hand Supply. They will lead you in the right direction.

By the way, get the gasket and a new stop pin for the lift cylinder.

Here are links to the guys mentioned. They have tons of parts or like I said they can tell you who will have it.
Home of compact Jinma, Foton, and Koyker Tractors and Parts, Wood Chippers, Backhoes - Affordable Tractor Sales Company
Jinma Dealer, Wood Chipper , Compact Jinma Tractors

Chris

/ broken 3ph mount #5  
Thanks for the refferral Cris, we keep them in stock if you need it

Tommy
Affordable Tractor Sales

/ broken 3ph mount #6  
No problem. You and Jerry always take good care of me even though I live 1000 miles away and did not buy my tractor from you.... Least I could do and want to help this guy out in the process.

Chris

/ broken 3ph mount #7  
I'd be interested in a pic of the effected area.

soundguy

/ broken 3ph mount #8  
Soundguy, here is what I broke and I am sure he is talking about the same thing. It is the back of the Hydro Tank. It is held on by 8 bolts and is a cast piece that has the ears or dogs that the top link mounts via a hitch pin. Here is a pic of my tractor, not broken now but had been with the auger incident, but you can see the part. It has a stop pin pressed in the backside of it which is the limit device for the 3 point lift piston and used a gasket to seal when bolted down and closed up the hydro tank. This piece also contains the drain plug for the hydro reservoir.

Chris

Attachments

• remotes.jpg
    remotes.jpg
    191.2 KB · Views: 264
   / broken 3ph mount #9  
It may just be me.. but I'll bet that plate would have been better off being made from steel rather than CI.. unless it has some intricate machining done onthe back side.

those ears would have been alot tougher to break off ( not as brittle ).. had it been steel.. etc.

soundguy

/ broken 3ph mount #10  
You are right but you have to remember these are Chinese tractors. For the money they are great machines. The damage I did to my tractor was cheap compared to what it would have done if I would have had the post hole digger on my Ford 800 and did the same thing. It would have damaged the PHD or tractor and the repair would have been 5x as much.

Chris