What is your opinion of the LW-7 backhoes for residential use?

/ What is your opinion of the LW-7 backhoes for residential use? #1  

MarcusCarr

Silver Member
Tractor
Kioti DK35
I believe the LW-7 backhoes are made in China. I want to use mine for the occasional hole or stump.

What is your experience?

Last edited:
   / What is your opinion of the LW-7 backhoes for residential use? #2  
I have an LW-7 3pt for my Jinma 354LE, other folks I know have an LW-6, such as Bob Rooks. He recently sold his and upgraded to an LITW backhoe.

I do exactly as you do, it's just for personal use. If I were going to depend on it for income, I'd look at a different unit.

I'd be prepared to sink another $500 for a better pump (the Prince PTO-7A) as the pump supplied with it is a little inconvenient to use, as it bolts onto the back of the tractor.

Other than the pump issue, mine has worked fine through quite a few stumps and a septic tank project.

/ What is your opinion of the LW-7 backhoes for residential use?
Thank you biggerten.

/ What is your opinion of the LW-7 backhoes for residential use? #4  
   / What is your opinion of the LW-7 backhoes for residential use? #5  
The Taylor Way that Chris described looks very similar to a LiTW hoe.
I fired my new BH7600 up today after adapting it to the Harbor Freight quick hitch and the dozer's auxiliary hydraulic reservoir. All I can say is that there is absolutely no comparison. The BH7600's controls are smoooooooth, and the float function lets you excavate a perfectly flat bottomed trench. The multi-function capability is an added bonus. The controls are very precise so I'm no longer afraid to work close to a building, and the boom swings 180° R to L.
I installed the manual thumb also, but haven't used it yet, got other work to finish first.
What Biggerten told you about the pump is correct. After going through a couple with my LW-6, I finally installed a Prince PTO-7A pump. Made a big difference, but the LW-6 still had shortcomings a new pump couldn't fix.
The LW series hoes may be fine for the week-end digger, but for someone who uses their hoes a lot, I wouldn't recommend them.

/ What is your opinion of the LW-7 backhoes for residential use? #6  
I have and use a LW7 tph backhoe. It is not what I expected in terms of power or controllability. It is what I expected in terms of fit and finish. The LITW korean hoe was not available at that time or I probably would have opted for it. From my understanding it has controllable hydraulic valves where the LW7 is extremly jerky.

/ What is your opinion of the LW-7 backhoes for residential use? #7  
MarcusCarr said:
Thank you biggerten.

I'm a charter member of the Bob Rooks fan club. Take his advice very, very seriously. Just because I have not had any (serious) problems, doesn't mean I won't. The pump thing was a bit of a learning experience, and I can confirm that I have learned to be careful, especially swinging from side to side.

I had some trouble with some oak roots, but technique and taking my time made the difference.

/ What is your opinion of the LW-7 backhoes for residential use?
I ultimately decided to save up for a Kioti backhoe with subframe that is matched to my tractor. I am going to stop by and try one out today.

/ What is your opinion of the LW-7 backhoes for residential use? #9  
Thats a good choice. I am in a hotel right next to a Kioti dealer and walked the lot yesterday. The ones they sold looked to be re-branded Woods Ground Braker Hoes.

Chris