Questins about fluid changes on farm pro 2425(pics)

/ Questins about fluid changes on farm pro 2425(pics) #1  

ymurf

Bronze Member
I bought this Farm Pro from a friend i work with and it has 110 hours on it and he has never changed any fluids in it.He knows nothing about it and i am trying to learn.It came with two extra filters so i want to change the fluids but i have a few questions.I have read allot on this sight so i think i know what kind of oils to run in it.Question #1:There are two screw on filters on the tractor,I know the one up high that is orange color is for the engine oil but there is one down low on the side of the engine painted black that i also have a replacement filter that came with it,I am assuming it is a hydraulic screen or filter??#2:When i drain the hydraulic fluid and change that spin on filter will i have to prime the pump somehow or will it be ok?If it needs primed how is this done?Sorry if i sound dumb but all i ever had was an old farmall 450 gas tractor.I am new with these chinese tractors but i think i got a good deal,I got the 2003 farm pro 2425,5 foot bush hog,and a blade for $3000.00..Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.
100_2079.jpg

100_2080.jpg

/ Questins about fluid changes on farm pro 2425(pics)
I have done some more reading and think maby i am wrong on the filter location.One is marked cx0706 which i believe to be an engine oil filter but the one down low on the replacement filter is marked jx0706p.Is one of these a fuel filter?Dang,I am lost.

Ok from what i have read,the cx0706 is the fuel filter and the jx0706p is the oil filter.The hydraulic filter is under the seat..So if i don't take it out will i have to prime the pump?

/ Questins about fluid changes on farm pro 2425(pics) #4  
Pumps sit low in the bottom of the gear lube. They will not need to be primed as they are sitting in the reservior of lube.

/ Questins about fluid changes on farm pro 2425(pics) #5  
You have it all wrong. The one down low on the left side of the tractor as you are setting on it is your OIL FILTER. You can use the filter you have and a then use a FRAM PH3950 as a replacement in the future. Your tractor will take about 6 qts of oil but some only take 3.5 qts. I am 99% sure yours takes the 6 but add slowly and check. I recommend a quality 15W40 like Rotella.

The filter up high on the left side of the engine is the fuel filer. You must prime the system after changing. What I do is fill the new filter with diesel fuel. Next on the injector pump there is a knurled knob toward the back. You push down and twist and it will pop up. It is a thumb primer to get the fuel back up in the lines. Next try to start. It may run then die. Try this a few times and if that does not work or it runs rough have a helper crack the hard line feeding each of the 3 injectors one at a time to let fuel and the air in the line bleed out. You must do this why the tractor is running or cranking it. I dont have a cross over for the fuel filter handy but can find it if you need it.

Dont forget to change your injector pump oil, front axle oil, transmission oil, and hydraulic oil.

Chris.

Last edited:
   / Questins about fluid changes on farm pro 2425(pics) #6  
ToadHill said:
Pumps sit low in the bottom of the gear lube. They will not need to be primed as they are sitting in the reservior of lube.
This tractor has separate sumps containing gear oil for tranny/diff and hydraulic fluid for the rear lift and steering. Hydraulic fluid is added through a fill vent behind the seat, and the hydraulic pump is engine mounted. There should be a screen-type suction strainer in the lift box under the seat.

Since I don't see an external hydraulic strainer or filter in your photos, your the hydraulic circuit(s) should be self-priming. Reason? The fill plug is vented. As such, you should make the fill vent a regular maintenance item. Some of them come apart for cleaning. The frequency depends upon your operating conditions, but I'd clean it with kerosene at least a couple times a year.

//greg//

You guys are a great help.I hope i am not asking to many questions but i have another. I am going to get my fluids tomorrow and am having a heck of a time now,Thought i had it figured out but now i need you guys advice.On this link it says to put the same hydraulic fluid in the tranny and the lift.Service Bulletin from Tractor Outlet Jinma Tractors Loaders Backhoes
But i see allot of posts on here to run different oils in the tranny and lift?I need some help here before i buy the wrong stuff.

/ Questins about fluid changes on farm pro 2425(pics) #8  
Ok, this will help you tons. It was put together by our good friends at Tractor Outlet, so thank them. It has info for the 200 series Jinma and the 300 series Jinma. By the way your Farm Pro 2425 is a re badged Jinma 254, ie 200 series.

Make sure you hit the "Continue to Next Page" link at the bottom because its about 3 or 4 pages long. It contains tons of good info to help get you on the way.

Here is the link:

Service Bulletin from Tractor Outlet Jinma Tractors Loaders Backhoes

Chris

/ Questins about fluid changes on farm pro 2425(pics) #9  
In your first pic, the filter up high(orange) above the injector pump is the fuel filter. There is a bolt up on top of the filter mount to bleed air out of the system. Down on the side of the injector pump is a manual priming pump. It has a cap about 1.25" across. You unscrew it and it pops up under spring force to become a pump plunger. So once you turn the fuel back on at the tank after you change the fuel filter, you unscrew the air bleed on top of he filter and use that hand pump to pump the filter full of fuel and get ALL the air out of the new filter. Tap the filter and lines with a screwdriver to loosen any stuck airbubbles and induce them to rise to this vent. Once you get pure fuel out the vent, push the pump handle in one final time and re-screw it in place, then screw the filter air vent closed. If you don't get the air out, it will find it's way to the injector pump. The injectors fire by hydraulic pressure, that is why they are connected to the pump with hard lines. Any air that makes it here can cause an injector to stop firing which will require that the injector lines be bled(bigger pain in the ***, so don't ever run out of fuel:)).

The filter down low and just visible above and behind the front tire in the first pic is the engine oil filter.

The hydraulic strainer is located in the hydraulic resovoir/3PH housing under the seat. If it has not been checked, you should remove and inspect it when you change out the hydraulic oil. These strainers are usually a brass screen and some have found holes in it. Because of the way it is assembled, it is possible to shake loose and be laying inpieces at the bottom of the sump, so a looksee is highly reccomnded. There is probably a pipe union right at the top that allows you to disconenect and remove the filter from the hard hydraulic suction line. the filter is removed by unbolting a 3 bolt flange plate on top of he reservoir. This is also a opportunity to wipe out any metal shavings that may have accumulated in the bottom of he hydraulic sump. If the pipe union/fitting goes back together properly after the filter inspection, the hydraulic pump should self prime after you refill the resovoir with new hydraulic oil. If hte pump dosn't start pumping fluid after 20-30 seconds of idle after the refill, you can open that pipe union, and using a rubber hose pressed into the end, pour some hydraulic oil down that suction line to help the pump prime. Since the pump will still have oil in it, this shouldn't be a problem.

Chris posted the first link I was thinking of. that is a real good one. But also if you havn't been there already, I would reccomend you visit John's Jinma website as it has a wealth of info and pics on these machines. Looking under the "Jinma Info" tab will show further links to maintenance and mod info.
johnstractor

Diamondpilot said:
Ok, this will help you tons. It was put together by our good friends at Tractor Outlet, so thank them. It has info for the 200 series Jinma and the 300 series Jinma. By the way your Farm Pro 2425 is a re badged Jinma 254, ie 200 series.

Make sure you hit the "Continue to Next Page" link at the bottom because its about 3 or 4 pages long. It contains tons of good info to help get you on the way.

Here is the link:

Service Bulletin from Tractor Outlet Jinma Tractors Loaders Backhoes

Chris
Thats the same page i read,It says to use the same hydraulic oil in the transmission that you put in the lift.I see allot of other posts on here to use a 90w gear oil or something like that in the transmission and hydraulic oil in the lift.Which is best or does it matter?