Need help priming new injector pump

/ Need help priming new injector pump #1  

michaelTS354

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kama TS354C
Ok many of you read my post about installing a new ip on my kama ts354c. Well I thought all was well and it was ready to go back to work until this afternoon. As soon as I got started brush hogging I slowly ran out of power until it would barley even idle. After it idles for a while I can again give it throttle for a while until its like it runs out of fuel again. I got it back to the house and tried to prime the injector lines again. I left it running while i broke one line loose at a time where it connects to the injector until pressurized fuel came out. After I prime each line many times the tractors runs awesome for about 100' then slowly looses power and almost dies again. After it does that it takes me a while to get any pressure from the injector lines when I break them loose to prime them again. I repeated this process about three times. Once I get fuel pressure back to the injectors and break a line loose the engine changes its tone to a miss so I thought that meant that line was primed. I dont know if I still have air in the lines or not but I hope someone can give me some ideas. I need to get this thing back to work!

/ Need help priming new injector pump #2  
Is your fuel filter full? is your sediment bowl full?

//greg//

/ Need help priming new injector pump #3  
Is the fuel supply valve at the tank turned fully ON? Are all the supply lines tight? IF you have a restriction on the supply line(closed valve, clogged tank or lift pump strainer screens?), the lift pump could be sucking in air thru a loose fitting. Do you have a hand primer pump? If so is it screwed all the way down tight in the stowed position?

As Greg mentioned is all the air out of the filter. Also is there a bleed for the injector pump body? My 284 IP has a bleed screw with a metal ring on it to bleed the upper IP housing.

If it set for a bit dry, you could also have air bubbles on the inside of the hoses that are working loose. Tapping the lines with a screwdriver handle can help to work them loose and get them to the highest point in the system(fuel filter housing bleed port?).

Good luck.

/ Need help priming new injector pump
Ok I got it fixed and the bad part was, it was a stupid mistake by me. On the top of the pump there are two fuel lines. One on the right is the fuel coming into the ip from the fuel filter, and the left I assume it is a bypass line because it runs to each injector and back to the fuel tank. Well each of those lines have different bolts that hold the line on to the pump(banjo bolts I think?). Anyway I installed the fuel line bolts the way they came on the new pump instead of how they were on my old pump which was opposite. The hole inside the bolts are completely different and therefore was restricting the fuel flow from the fuel filter to the ip. It runs great now, just shows you check all the simple things too! Thanks for the quick help.