NT204C Radiator Hose

/ NT204C Radiator Hose #1  

mstan99999

My tractor lives at my farm, 2.5 hours from my house and I only make it out there about once a month. A hunting buddy went to my place last week and discovered that my NT204C was leaking from a radiator hose. He didn't say which one, top or bottom, but I figure, if I'm replacing one, I should replace both.
My question is what size are they and are they proprietary? Can I use hoses not from Nortrac?

Thanks
Matt

/ NT204C Radiator Hose #2  
My guess is they are 1.5" ID because that is what my 200 series 254 Jinma are. Now the hard part, getting the right hoses. You could ask your buddy to take a pic and email them to you or you could simply go to the farm and take them off and take them to the parts store and start matching. If you are 100 miles from the nearest town or anything like that go get about a dozen hoses with bends that look like they may work then use the ones that may work and take back the others.

Your other option is check with some of the dealers like Affordable Tractors and see what he has or if he has a part number you can take to your auto parts guys.

Chris

/ NT204C Radiator Hose #3  
mstan99999 said:
My question is what size are they and are they proprietary?
I can't help you with the size, but they're not proprietary. Anybody that sells parts for the TY380 engine can supply you with OE hoses. But - Chinese rubber is not very impressive. Not to me anyway. I'd recommend American aftermarket hoses.

And yes, replace top and bottom - but don't stop there. Replace the bypass hose too, plus all the clamps. Drain the coolant and remove all three hoses. Not a bad idea to think about the fan belt while you're at it. Take them to your area NAPA store - they should be able to hook you right up.

This won't help your specific case much - but I found that a 5.7l Chevy truck lower hose can be cut into two pieces that make almost exact replacements for BOTH top and bottom hoses on my Y485 engine

//greg//

/ NT204C Radiator Hose #4  
mstan99999 said:
My tractor lives at my farm, 2.5 hours from my house and I only make it out there about once a month. A hunting buddy went to my place last week and discovered that my NT204C was leaking from a radiator hose. He didn't say which one, top or bottom, but I figure, if I'm replacing one, I should replace both.
My question is what size are they and are they proprietary? Can I use hoses not from Nortrac?

Thanks
Matt

I have a 224 which has a Y380 engine and these are the hose #'s I used. they have to be cut to size. Just remove old hoses and lay on top of new hoses and mark how much to cut off each end. They fit very good. The Y385 engine is the same basic block as the Y380 and the same hoses fit also.
I would recommend these hoses. They are molded hoses and fit well.

Top radiator hose- Napa(Gates made) # 777
Lower hose Napa(Gates made) #7271

BYPASS HOSE:
Gates: 20338
NAPA: NBH7296

Here are some other hose #'s but I can't verify how they fit.

UPPER RADIATOR HOSE:
Gates: 25473
NAPA: NBHFF186

LOWER RADIATOR HOSE:
Gates: 25480
NAPA: NBHFF257

THERMOSTAT:
Gates: 33508 - 180deg
Gates: 33509 195deg
NAPA: THM169 180deg
NAPA: THM269 195deg

Some of the hoses listed above may be of the flexible wire bound type. May put stress on radiator.

/ NT204C Radiator Hose
Thank you VERY much. This is very valuable info.
You guys ROCK!!!!

Matt

/ NT204C Radiator Hose #6  
Matt,
What Greg said about the Chinese rubber is true.
I ended up changing all the rubber on my 2005 Kama because it started failing. I had a hydraulic rubber elbow (return) split. The tie rod end rubber all rotted. In fact, I got some replacements and the rubber on them was cracked. So check your rubber fuel and oil lines too while you're at it.

/ NT204C Radiator Hose #7  
3RRL said:
So check your rubber fuel and oil lines too while you're at it.
Thanks for the reinforcement Rob. I'd like to add this is especially true for owners that are tempted to use bio-diesel. It will attack Chinese rubber big time.

//greg//

/ NT204C Radiator Hose
Great advice. I did have a fuel line clog last year with a big black booger of crud from the OEM fuel line. That was an easy fix, once it was properly diagnosed.
Thanks again for the help!!!
Matt