Fan belt replacement on 2420 Farmpro

/ Fan belt replacement on 2420 Farmpro #1  

stevem5215

Platinum Member
Tractor
Steiner 420 - Black Craftsman Pro 24hp - Simplicity 48 ZT-2500 - Simplicity Citation XT 61" - Chainsaw CS-5720 - FarmerTec G660 90cc's
I had the opportunity to change the fan belt on the 2420 Farmpro yesterday. I am less than impressed with the design of this. To change a simple fan belt you must remove the crankshaft pulley. Who would design it like this ? !! It's nuts that you have to remove a crankshaft pulley to change a stupid belt. It made a 15 minute job into 3 hours trying to figure out what to do. As it turned out I was able to get it replaced and since I have a GM 727M alternator on this tractor the belt is a different size anyway. And as it turned out I have a Steiner also and the belt drive for the rotary brush (the one that goes from the power head connection of the Steiner to the intermediate pulley on the brush) is an exact fit in dimensions for the Farmpro. It worked out perfectly.
I can't complain about the original belt lasting as long as it did. 220hrs is pretty good for a chinese belt. Considering that it probably is of very low quality. I would easily expect the USA made steiner belt to last forever. lol We'll see.

Steve with a Steiner and a junky chinese tractor. Sounds like a good combination huh ? lol

/ Fan belt replacement on 2420 Farmpro #2