have problem with engin run off

/ have problem with engin run off #1  

daveholcomb

:mad: was using chineese tractor speed wouldnt slow down i think its the govenor i checked all the linkage

/ have problem with engin run off #2  
Could be stuck linkage, but more likely a stuck piston in the injection pump. Can be caused by contaminated fuel, dirty filter, bio-diesel, etc

//greg//

/ have problem with engin run off #3  
Is there any oil in the injection pump/governor?
Did you check it?

/ have problem with engin run off #4  
How is your engine oil level. Another scenario is a blown hydraulic pump seal leaking into the case and raising the oil level to the point that excess oil is entering the cylinders past the rings and burning with/like the diesel...

/ have problem with engin run off #5  
daveholcomb said:
:mad: was using chineese tractor speed wouldnt slow down i think its the govenor i checked all the linkage
Lack of details. What make of Chinese tractor, what horsepower, how many hours on tractor and what did you do to turn off the tractor if it would not slow down? Any other details may help one or more of the members of this forum to help solve your problem. Quick responses by some members of TBN to this post without this information may lead you in the wrong direction.

/ have problem with engin run off #6  
Woodsman1234 said:
Quick responses by some members of TBN to this post without this information may lead you in the wrong direction.
Woodsman - do you actually own a Chinese tractor? This ain't rocket science here - they're very very basic machines, diesel technology dating back to the 50s and 60s. We see this stuff nearly every day here.

Wouldn't hurt for you to post a few details either - ideally starting with your profile.

//greg//

/ have problem with engin run off #7  
Woodsman1234 said:
Lack of details. What make of Chinese tractor, what horsepower, how many hours on tractor and what did you do to turn off the tractor if it would not slow down? Any other details may help one or more of the members of this forum to help solve your problem. Quick responses by some members of TBN to this post without this information may lead you in the wrong direction.

Good advice to all seeking opinions with there problems / fixes.

I have to ask the same kind of questions daily on the phone with all makes of tractors and equipment we service.

Ronald
Ranch Hand Supply

/ have problem with engin run off #8  
I used to get questions like:

"My boat won't start, what's wrong with it?"
What kind of engine does it have?
"Um, it's a blue one".

This person has left.

/ have problem with engin run off #9  
greg_g said:
Woodsman - do you actually own a Chinese tractor? This ain't rocket science here - they're very very basic machines, diesel technology dating back to the 50s and 60s. We see this stuff nearly every day here.

Wouldn't hurt for you to post a few details either - ideally starting with your profile.

//greg//

Yup, I have a Chinese diesel tractor.
Yes, they are very basic machines but sometimes they develop problems that can drive you up the wall trying to figure out what the h*** is going on. If daveholcomb would have provided a little more info, he may have received a better reply to his problem.
If you see this stuff ever day, why do you bother to reply to posts with so little information?
I don't see why filling out my profile is so important to you.

/ have problem with engin run off #10  
Woodsman1234 said:
I don't see why filling out my profile is so important to you.
Woodsman,
It's a male bonding thing, get it? And besides, it helps us in keeping from asking stupid questions like what kind of tractor do you have and what type of engine is in it. General location is a big plus because there are also climatic considerations in most cases.
Sometimes replying to an ambiguous post will ferret out more useable information.
Most folk don't have a chip and just like to help out, but alas, some don't. :confused: