Bronze Member

Default Iron Horse (Jinma 254) Brake question.

Hey,
    The left brake has been locked (I assume frozen as it's been 10-15 overnights) the last couple times I went to use the tractor. Even rocking wouldn't let it go the last time but a few minutes with a propane torch on the housing and they came loose.

While under the I noticed bolts that are positioned like drains at the bottom of each brake chamber.

Are they drains for water? or is there supposed to be fluid in those chambers..nothing came out when I removed them.

Thanks
    Jim

Advertiser
    Platinum Member

Default Re: Iron Horse (Jinma 254) Brake question.

Below the housings are plugs that you can remove, I would spray some WD40 up inside to try and free them up, sounds like you have water in there and it's freezing up

Tommy
    Affordable Tractor Sales
    Home of compact Jinma, Foton, and Koyker Tractors and Parts, Wood Chippers, Backhoes - Affordable Tractor Sales Company

Bronze Member

Default Re: Iron Horse (Jinma 254) Brake question.

Tommy,
    Thanks .I was hoping there wasn't supposed to be oil up in there. I will shoot them up with WD 40 next time I use it and see if they stay freed up.