Valve Lash Adjustment 2008 Jinma 284 with QC395T Engine

/ Valve Lash Adjustment 2008 Jinma 284 with QC395T Engine #21  
Nice job once again, Rob. Even better this time, in fact. :)

That was a very clear and understandable explanation of the process of finding TDC. I've done it that way since the first engine I ever worked on almost fity years ago, but I sure couldn't explain it that clearly and concisely.

I was out mowing a bit today and really noticed that I need to get on that valve adjustment before I do much more with the tractor. It wasn't hard to tell that it could run better than it was, though it did the job just fine. I wasn't pushing it since it's too new, but there was room at the top that I wasn't getting to. Your results with Loretta's tractor have convinced me to get it done, ASAP.

Your garage looks far too clean for comfort. Don't you really miss doing all the work on your tractors lying in the dirt? (grin)

/ Valve Lash Adjustment 2008 Jinma 284 with QC395T Engine #22  
Thank you gentlemen, I neglected to consider the 2:1 relationship between the crank and the camshaft. On the next warm day I need to re-check my 395, and make sure I didn't inadvertently get started off on the compression stroke myself. Good excuse to readjust the compression release screws too. One of them's been sticking.

//greg//

/ Valve Lash Adjustment 2008 Jinma 284 with QC395T Engine
Don't feel bad Greg, that's exactly what I did the first time. I had forgotten to rotate that additional 360 degrees to get to TDC of the compression stroke.
I did the valve adjustment on my Kama 554 right after I finished the Jinma. They both run smooth now except I have a clutch problem to take care of on the 554 now.

/ Valve Lash Adjustment 2008 Jinma 284 with QC395T Engine #24  
Hi Rob
Thanks for the heads up on the possible loader problem. I have the same loader , I"ll check it out. Also I'll swap the front and rear wheels to the wider position.
Mike

/ Valve Lash Adjustment 2008 Jinma 284 with QC395T Engine
Hi Rob
Thanks for the heads up on the possible loader problem. I have the same loader , I"ll check it out. Also I'll swap the front and rear wheels to the wider position.
Mike

Mike, I suppose you read those threads then?
They should help identify the problems for you.
Rob-

/ Valve Lash Adjustment 2008 Jinma 284 with QC395T Engine #26  
sounds like a lot of steps to adjust valves, I just start the engine and adjust them. Terry

/ Valve Lash Adjustment 2008 Jinma 284 with QC395T Engine #27  
Thank you gentlemen, I neglected to consider the 2:1 relationship between the crank and the camshaft. On the next warm day I need to re-check my 395, and make sure I didn't inadvertently get started off on the compression stroke myself. Good excuse to readjust the compression release screws too. One of them's been sticking.

//greg//

//greg// I'm at a loss for words,you acknowledged you may have learned something and
replied to a post in a normal way,I'm impressed.I think you are a very knowledgable person
and can/have helped many posters with problems,hopefully you turned over a new leaf and will start posting in a pleasant tone

Tommy
Affordable Tractor Sales
"Your Jinma Parts Superstore "
Home of compact Jinma, Foton, and Koyker Tractors and Parts, Wood Chippers, Backhoes - Affordable Tractor Sales Company