New Mods to Loretta's 284 Jinma

/ New Mods to Loretta's 284 Jinma
Speaking of power beyond, I got the sleeve for the new valve and installed it.

I also got the first shipment of stuff from Discount Hydraulics but I haven't opened the box yet.
I've been busy working on the rear FEL braces today. I'll get back to the top and tilt later on.

Shane,
Loretta and I would love to come up and visit.
Maybe you could PM me and we can work something out? What is it exactly that you want to do with your hydraulics? If there's something I can help you with, (doesn't have to be hydraulics) we could order parts and have them all there for the visit. We could stay several days to finish up a project you've been wanting to do.
That would be cool.

Now a little on the rear FEL braces.
This mod is to help distribute a load placed on the bell housing and transmission bolts when using an FEL. My Koyker loader had this as a standard feature, but it seems the Chinese ZL loaders lack this rear brace.

Here is a photo of the plate under the rear end.
The fenders and ROPS are bolted to the rear end via this plate. Also a photo of the loader mount to the tractor. My plan is to tie those two together so the tractor will be braced from front to rear.

I said I wasn't going to show you a lot of machining detail, but I have to show you a couple of them for this project.
I bought some 3" x 3"-1/4" thick wall square tubing at the scrap yard. I'll show a couple of cuts I had to make to fit it where I plan on welding this heavy duty tube to that rear end plate. I cut a piece off the top about 4" back. And the last photo shows how it's going to fit over that rear end plate.
I got 3" so as not to interfere with the bolt pattern when welded together.

The next thing I had to do was make some brackets that would be welded to the tube of the FEL mount.
I had to bore them to fit the round FEL tube. Also a couple of plates that would bolt the square tube to the brackets on the FEL mount. The last two photos show how I fixtured the pieces where they will bolt together.

Here is a close up of how the braces fit the front FEL tube before I welded them.
The next picture is of the front bracket all welded together and ready to weld onto the FEL tube.

The photos below show the rear tube and it's bolt plate. Then the front bracket welded to the round FEL tube.
It was tough welding upside down and around the tube. There was very little room to position yourself so you could see and get the stick in there without burning yourself, knocking your helmet off or arcing against something else. My glasses got knocked off every time I bumped my helmet. So those welds aren't the greatest, but it should look alright when painted.

The last photo is of the square tubing welded to that rear plate.
I needed a heavy gusset since the plate is off-sett to the square tubing. Guess what, I happened to have a couple of broken scarifier pieces left from when I cut them to make the bucket reinforcements.
So I used those. They are at the bottom of the last photo.

That's all I got done today.
Tomorrow I'll try to finish painting and re-assemble everything.
Rob-

/ New Mods to Loretta's 284 Jinma #37  
Very nice Rob. I made some for my ZL20 loader years back but not nearly as spiffy. All I did was use some 1.5" round tube with a 1/4" thick plate welded on each end that is bent 90 deg and drilled. On the bell housing end I got axle spring perches and welded them onto the plate and used U bolts to attach. On the rear axle end it mounts buy removing the 2 outer bolts and sandwiching the axle and roll bar/fender bottom plate.

Very nice work though. Maybe we should send you to China and you could show Jinma how to build/reinforce/plumb/ect theses tractors.

Chris

/ New Mods to Loretta's 284 Jinma #38  
Shane,
Loretta and I would love to come up and visit.
Maybe you could PM me and we can work something out? What is it exactly that you want to do with your hydraulics? If there's something I can help you with, (doesn't have to be hydraulics) we could order parts and have them all there for the visit. We could stay several days to finish up a project you've been wanting to do.
That would be cool.

I will pm you Rob.

Shane

Very nice Rob. I made some for my ZL20 loader years back but not nearly as spiffy. All I did was use some 1.5" round tube with a 1/4" thick plate welded on each end that is bent 90 deg and drilled. On the bell housing end I got axle spring perches and welded them onto the plate and used U bolts to attach. On the rear axle end it mounts buy removing the 2 outer bolts and sandwiching the axle and roll bar/fender bottom plate.

Very nice work though. Maybe we should send you to China and you could show Jinma how to build/reinforce/plumb/ect theses tractors.

Chris
Thanks Chris,
Those stabilizer braces to rear end are super beefy and robust.
Even more so than what is on the Kama with the Koyker loader. There is always more than one way to do something. I chose this way but your way works too, of course. I copied what Koyker had done for their loader stabilizers to the rear end except did not make the additional plate to sandwich in between.

One thing I wanted was to have the rear section be separate from the loader arm tube for disassembly purposes. But any surface that was to be bolted, I wanted the butt plates to take the stress... butting up to each other in the direction of the load. There is no chance of bolts sliding out of position that way even if they loosen slightly. They only hold the plates in positon and are not used to hold the force or stress themselves.
Thanks for your keen observation.
Rob-