remove bendix???

/ remove bendix??? #1  

lakespirit

Silver Member
Tractor
2004 KAMA TS254C
Can someone tell me how to take it off for replacement. QD100C3 on KAMA 254. :confused:

/ remove bendix??? #2  
I don't know of any reason to take out a Bendix assembly unless you were going to replace it. That's the component of the starter that gets kicked out by the solenoid - to engage and turn the flywheel. I haven't seen that word in the Chinglish manuals anyway - appears they prefer to call it the "starter drive".

So are you sure you don't mean solenoid? That's the part that does the kicking.

//greg//

Attachments

• 42153059.gif
    42153059.gif
    12.4 KB · Views: 7,375
   / remove bendix??? #3  
If the spring is broken it has to be removed. On American starters there was usually a pin to drive out. Rob has a Kama he may have done this. Have you been able to find the new part? Good luck with it. Richard

/ remove bendix??? #4  
Jeff, On the exploded view greg put up,assuming it is of a Kama 254,there are grooves in the shaft. I would look for a clip. If you already found the answer please let us know. Richard

/ remove bendix???
The gear separated from the bearing. It's the gear that engages the flywheel. Solenoid is OK. No problem finding the part. I just can't figure how to get the darn thing off.

/ remove bendix??? #6  
Interesting, you're the first I've heard with that problem. More commonly, folks get a little frustrated just trying to take the solenoid off. So I too can only guess - that it's held on with a clip

//greg//

/ remove bendix??? #7  
Lakesprit, Can you pull the unit cover back{re:bendix} like on an air hose quick connect to reveal the clip?

/ remove bendix???
Yes, and the ring (clip is broken...I can make one from round wire, but there's a bushing-washer-looking affair on the very end of the shaft that keeps the Bendix from sliding off the end. I saw what looked like a swedged-press-fit thang at the other end of the shaft and wondered if that comes out? I'm lost at this point.

/ remove bendix??? #9  
Yes, and the ring (clip is broken...I can make one from round wire, but there's a bushing-washer-looking affair on the very end of the shaft that keeps the Bendix from sliding off the end. I saw what looked like a swedged-press-fit thang at the other end of the shaft and wondered if that comes out? I'm lost at this point.
Can you take a couple pictures of it?
Sometimes they use a dowel pin to retain bushings. If it's not another clip, look to see if there is a cross dowel pin of some sort holding that stuff on the shaft. It's got to come off somehow.

/ remove bendix???
I removed the clip and bushing. There were burrs on the inboard side of the groove for the clip. Once I removed them, the Bendix came off easily.