Backhoe DF-354 Backhoe Subframe Mounting Method?

/ DF-354 Backhoe Subframe Mounting Method? #1  

mpaschetto

How many of you DF-354 owners have a subframe style backhoe?

My backhoe subframe is mounted to the tractor with five quick-release pins: two under the transmission, two under the rear axle, and one at the trailer hitch. At the rear of the subframe (about 12" from the rear), there are two 'ears' welded to the top surface of the subframe. These ears (with 1/2" dia. thru holes) are just about directly below the tractor's draft arms....this can't be a coincidence, can it?

I'm guessing that these ears are there to attach to the draft arms to the subframe with the 3-point hitch side links. Then I can use the tractor draft arms to apply a little bit of 'preload' to the subframe, keeping it from rattling around under the tractor.

Can anybody confirm or deny that this may be the intended use of these two 'ears'?

TIA,

Mike

/ DF-354 Backhoe Subframe Mounting Method? #2  
I don't think it will hurt to hook it up. My guess is it would also be handy in hooking it up to the tractor by lifting the sub frame and hoe up after you get the front pins in.

Chris

/ DF-354 Backhoe Subframe Mounting Method? #3  
That would be my guess as well, and a pretty neat idea. I don't have those on my backhoe subframe, only the bolt on tabs that hang on the pins where the 3PH arms normally go. Being able to lift the BH into place with the draft arms once the front pins are in might be a little easier than having to get close, hook up the pump, then dance around with the BH controls to get the subframe into the correct position to line up the tab bolt holes. Now I will have to go look at the clearances to see if there would be room to weld some on my HW-03 subframe:)

/ DF-354 Backhoe Subframe Mounting Method?
Guys,

Thanks for the help!