Jinma 284 fluid capacities

/ Jinma 284 fluid capacities #1  

farmerselectric

Tractor
2007 Jinma 284
Hi, this is my first time on the forum. I recently purchased a used Jinma 284, but didn't receive a manual with it. Could someone get me started here, such as a good parts source for this tractor? Also, what are the fluid capacities for the 284....oil, transmission, and hydraulics?
Thanks for any info.

/ Jinma 284 fluid capacities #2  
Affordable Tractors and Ranch Hand are the best source for parts and can get you manuals.

Chris

/ Jinma 284 fluid capacities
Thanks for the info, will contact them.....any ideas on the fluid capacities?

/ Jinma 284 fluid capacities #4  
.....any ideas on the fluid capacities?
1. Front diff: 4.5l gear oil (typically 80W90 non-foaming approved for yellow metal)
2. Transmission/rear diff: 14l gear oil
3. Hydraulic reservior: 9l hydraulic fluid (typically AW32 non-foaming)
4. engine: 6l diesel engine oil (typically 15W40)
5. Injection pump: ~0.1 to 0.2l engine oil or compressor oil
6. Fuel tank: 22l #2 diesel fuel

Note: some engine variants only have a 3.5l oil capacity

//greg//

Thanks for the info, Greg. My 284 has the Y385 engine, so I'm assuming the 6L oil capacity...any thoughts?
By the way, I noticed you are USN (Ret). I'm also retired, USMC...spent a lot of time with the Navy.

/ Jinma 284 fluid capacities #7  
Thanks for the info, Greg. My 284 has the Y385 engine, so I'm assuming the 6L oil capacity...any thoughts?
By the way, I noticed you are USN (Ret). I'm also retired, USMC...spent a lot of time with the Navy.
Pleased to make you acquaintance. Good chance you'll take full 6l. But I wanted to let you know of the smaller capacity, in case yours topped up before 6l. Some owners report not being able to put in more than 3.5 liters. I'm not sure anyone has ever pinned down the reason why, but at least it's been identified that there are two different size oil pans involved.

//greg//

Greg, didn't know how to respond to your private message, but thanks for the heads-up. I'll eventually figure out how to use this computer, it'll just take a while. If you'd like to send another message, do you have any suggestions? Thanks.

/ Jinma 284 fluid capacities #10  
That's ok, you can reply here if you prefer. It was just an offer to email you copies of any manual pages you may need - while you're shopping for books of your own.

//greg//