After market cab for a Foton 404?

/ After market cab for a Foton 404? #1  

Foton404

Tractor
Foton 404, Farmall H, Ford 4000
Winters coming and I need some shelter when moving snow. Anyone hear of a cab for the 404? I know you can buy the 404 with cab, but you can't order one to retrofit.

/ After market cab for a Foton 404? #2  
I think your out of luck. The only thing I could think of is to locate a cab from some other tractor in a junk yard and modify it to fit. You could also trade the tractor in for one with a cab, probably cheaper! The cab on my 604 was close to $6,000. And that's buying it with the tractor.

/ After market cab for a Foton 404? #3  
I know you can buy the 404 with cab, but you can't order one to retrofit.
You can buy Chinese cabs for the FT404, but most folks change their mind when they hear the freight charges.

Check with some of our Canadian members, as cabbed Chinese tractors are more common above the border. I've read disappointment from several owners that discovered too late - that they could mount their front loader, or mount their cab - just not both at the same time. Before committing to a cab, I'd definitely find out whether the FT404 falls into that category.

//greg//

/ After market cab for a Foton 404? #6  
Come on? $1000 for a soft cab. I could have a fab shop in my area build a custom hard cab for my tractor for that or less. I could also have the guy who does all my boat tops make a custom soft cab for the $400 area.

Check the threads on this site for homemade cabs. Its been done dozens of times.

Chris

/ After market cab for a Foton 404? #7  
I saw one that a guy made? I will take some pictures and post them.