need to rewire the KAMA TS254C

/ need to rewire the KAMA TS254C #1  

lakespirit

Silver Member
Tractor
2004 KAMA TS254C
H E L P! ! ! ! ! I want to rewire the whole thing. I have had so many electrical issues, I can't stand it any longer. Can I buy a harness for this, or do I need to just buy a bunch of wire in assorted gauges and just remove one wire at a time and replace them as I go???

I have about a week from now to accomplish this.:mad:

/ need to rewire the KAMA TS254C #2  
I would not bother with another factory harness. If you are serious and 100% committed I would remove all the wiring and label as you go. Take it and lay it down on a piece of plywood and lay it out using nails to tack it off in the approx position as it would be on the tractor.

Next make a shopping list and hit the stores to get all the wire, connectors, and plugs and go at it. This will cost a few buck to do it right but if you are having issues you will be money ahead.

Chris

/ need to rewire the KAMA TS254C #3  
   / need to rewire the KAMA TS254C #4  
Be careful. I'm thinkin' Chris has the better solution. My TS354C has the same wiring harness as your TS254, and there's no way I'd even consider trying to fit a Jinma 200 series harness on mine. As you possibly already realize, the TS254 is physically a larger tractor than the Jinma 200 series. Yes, in some cases the engine is the same. But besides the fuse panel being in a totally different location - and the cluster connector being possibly incompatible - the Jinma harness would almost certainly be too short to reach many of the required TaiShan connections.

That said, a Jinma 300 series harness might be long enough, but but there are still the matters of fuse panel location and connector compatibility. If you want a better picture of what you'd get into, I recommend you compare your wiring diagram with that of a Jinma 300 series. I'm not sure if this diagram is of a 200 series or a 300 series, but it might help decide whether or not to try a wiring harness from a completely different tractor.

//greg//

Attachments

• jm016%20Cluster.jpg
    jm016%20Cluster.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 3,480
   / need to rewire the KAMA TS254C
Upon further review, I am getting a bit gun-shy about an entire rewiring project. I cleaned the greasy wiring, and an thinking I may chicken out and try to just find and fix the present issue.:confused:

/ need to rewire the KAMA TS254C #6  
I have the harness(s) for that tractor in stock, but I would'nt suggest changing it unless your wires have been damaged.

/ need to rewire the KAMA TS254C #7  
Upon further review, I am getting a bit gun-shy about an entire rewiring project. I cleaned the greasy wiring, and an thinking I may chicken out and try to just find and fix the present issue.:confused:
I think this is a good decision. The wires themselves are most likely OK, the real culprit (IHMO) are dirty / corroded or otherwise poor connections, bad ground (especially where the battery is connected to the frame) cold solder joints at splices or switches, perhaps the fuse block holder as well. Focus your efforts on cleaning connector contacts, and were wire connectors push onto switch terminals. Remove and re-insert all fuses several times to help them make better contact.

So exactly what is the present issue?

Larry

/ need to rewire the KAMA TS254C #8  
Larry,
Not to hijack the thread, and not sure if anyone pays attention anymore, but congrats on your 1000th post!

/ need to rewire the KAMA TS254C #9  
Larry,
Not to hijack the thread, and not sure if anyone pays attention anymore, but congrats on your 1000th post!

Thank you for recognizing that milestone Chip! I hadn't realized it was my 1000th! Obviously I wasn't paying attention.

My hope is Lakespirit is able to quickly identify and correct the electrical gremlin thats causing trouble. He never did say what the issue was. Too bad too as knowing that gets you half way there to fixing it.

Two years ago Rob's (3RRL), tractor wouldn't turn over, that went on for 6 weeks. We hooked up and together found a bad ground on the frame and fixed it in about 10 seconds. After that I bullet proofed his fuse block and it's worked flawlessly ever since. It was a great beginning to a lasting friendship.

Since this thread is already hijacked, I need to ask do you still carry the Russian Ural's? My wife wants one.

Larry

/ need to rewire the KAMA TS254C
I think this is a good decision. The wires themselves are most likely OK, the real culprit (IHMO) are dirty / corroded or otherwise poor connections, bad ground (especially where the battery is connected to the frame) cold solder joints at splices or switches, perhaps the fuse block holder as well. Focus your efforts on cleaning connector contacts, and were wire connectors push onto switch terminals. Remove and re-insert all fuses several times to help them make better contact.

So exactly what is the present issue?

Larry

I removed the wiring, marking everything carefully(I think?) and cleaned up all the connectors, new fuses, replaced some of the wiring with the insulation worn through, and completely removed the headlight wiring.

Last evening I was amazed that I got it started upon putting it back together. One problem I had at the time was the fact that if I tried to use the glow plugs, the main 30A fuse would pop, so I didn't use them subsequently. I figured something was obviously wrong, but figured if everything else seemed OK, I'd just use the block heater and at least have the tractor usable.

This morning I fired it up and did a couple hours work and watched the amp meter really working hard in the charging arena. Rev the engine and showed more charging, lowered the revs and the needle went closer to the middle, or neutral.

That was then...now I can only muster a high speed clicking in the solenoid and she won't engage the starter. The battery has a steady 13.3 volts in it and I hooked my truck up to it to offer some extra amperage, but no cigar!

I am afraid my impatience may have cost me severely this time. Any ideas on where to go from here? Maybe just get a new harness??? :eek: