SHENNIU 25 ??

/ SHENNIU 25 ?? #1  

Soundguy

Old Timer
Tractor
RK 55HC,ym1700, NH7610S, Ford 8N, 2N, NAA, 660, 850 x2, 541, 950, 941D, 951, 2000, 3000, 4000, 4600, 5000, 740, IH 'C' 'H', CUB, John Deere 'B', allis 'G', case VAC
what's the info on this tractor.. there is one for sale near me cheap enough I'm going to go look at it.. is itone of the rebadged jinma.. like a 254? etc..

soundguy

/ SHENNIU 25 ?? #2  
No, Shinnieu is its own brand, may have the same engine and some common electrical parts, thats about it. If my memory is working (some days better than others) the Shinnieu tractors were sold by Hardy diesel in California and I cant remember the name of the distributor in the midwest. Like many Chinese tractors, there were certainly several importers, but not any that I am aware of these last 5 or 6 years (at least in any significant number). It will likely be difficult to find parts for in the states.

/ SHENNIU 25 ??
Hmm.. ok.. that DOES factor in. i was hoping it was a jinma clone.

thanks for the info,.

soundguy

/ SHENNIU 25 ?? #4  
Knowing what little I know about you Sound Guy you would like the Jinma line. The best way I can describe the 254/284 Jinma is its the next step from a Ford 8N but with better hydraulics, 4 wheel drive, a diesel engine, power steering, and more gears with a diff lock. They are dead simple like a N model Ford and tough as nails.

Chris

/ SHENNIU 25 ??
tough as nails?.. chinese nails made from melted toasters maybee :) I'd agree with your post in most respects except for metalurgy.. I'd stake that 30's era metalurgy against the jinma any day.. I read the chinese forum and am amazed at the amount of metal failures I see.. other than that.. yeah in specification, it would exceede 8n capabilities.

I've been toying with getting one for years to mess around with.. but if I do get a chinese tractor, I want it to be a jinma or rebadged jinma due to parts availability.. same with the ford n.. so many made.. lots of parts available.

I almost kick myself for not grabbing a 2wd unit at a homier show a few yers bact.. it was like 2999$.. wouldn't have to worry about twisting any driveshafts off the front end on that 2wd unit.. oh well.. I've passed by many otherwise good tractor opportunities before.. missed a cherry farmall 49 H a decade ago for 2500$ that actually sold for 2000$.. had a nice wide finish belly mower on it to..

soundguy

/ SHENNIU 25 ?? #6  
[ATTAC jinma001_zpscbddb177.jpgH=CONFIG]332821[/ATTACH]

Currently selling my JM 180 for $1900
George

Attachments

• jinma 001.jpg
    jinma 001.jpg
    294.9 KB · Views: 1,239
   / SHENNIU 25 ?? #7  
Currently selling my JM 180 for $1900

Hi George,
You'll probably have better luck in the Classified section. Check at the very botom of the page.

/ SHENNIU 25 ?? #8  
Yes

I just thought Soundguy may be interested.

/ SHENNIU 25 ?? #10  
I've been toying with getting one for years to mess around with.. but if I do get a chinese tractor, I want it to be a jinma or rebadged jinma due to parts availability.. same with the ford n.. so many made.. lots of parts available.
If you'll take the word of a guy that's owned 4 Chinese tractors over a period of ~10 years, consider a Foton. I owned two Jinmas, a TaiShan, and a KAMA, the Jinmas being comparatively the worst build quality and biggest overall PITA. More recently I've been helping a guy recondition a neglected Foton, and quickly realized it's made of much better stuff. Responsive and timely parts support too. If I had to do the Chinese thing all over again, I'd go Foton myself.

//greg//