NT 204 C

/ NT 204 C #1  

Frankm

Bronze Member
Tractor
Nortrac 204
havent posted for a long time , my nortrac tractor 20 HP. has been running great , plowing lots a snow , i did put one of them water heeters in the lower hose , makes it start like summer time , just plug it in for about 1/2 Hr and your good to go , just wanted to check in , its been a long time Frank On the NY Pa line , Ps We are getting hit hard with the snow had to plow out two times today.

/ NT 204 C #2  
I am also very happy with my 254, do more with mine then the guys with name brand around me. Course I have no bragging rights, because I bought one them thar junkers!!!! Had it over 4yrs now and I cry everytime I think of what I payed compared to my neighbors, tears of joy that is :D :D :D. Heck the NH up the road ended up having to have a complete rear end rebuild less 1yr old. Must have been a friday or monday machine, they said that some things{inside} were loose from the factory :eek:. I quess any machine can have issue's, they're only as good as the folks putting them together.

/ NT 204 C #3  
Bought my 204 over 6 years ago. Over 600 hrs. and still running like a clock! Loader has saved me countless hours of work. If I purchased a name brand, I'd still have 600+ hours but I would be reeeal nervous hearing any "new" noise, knowing the repair costs would be quite high! I feel pretty confident about performing most repairs myself. Even a new engine for these are pretty reasonable.

/ NT 204 C
two friends got new Kubotas, one has had the front end come apart 6 times the othere two times , something about a snap ring in side brakes and you lose all the gear lube and then the front wheel falls off , they paid about two times what i did for my tractor, they use to call my tractor china junk , its funny , he had a flat tire one time took the tire off the rim , it was marked china , boy that was funny, they dont say much about my tractor anymore .

/ NT 204 C #5  
Went out and plowed snow with mine today. 10 deg. Real cold for us here in TN. She started up easy after about 15 minutes of trying. No heater at all.

/ NT 204 C
get one of them heaters you put in the lower hose , at tractor supply, dont cost much , and after a half hr. It will start like its summer , you dont even nead to use the glow plugs , lot better on the starter too.

/ NT 204 C
two years now , and its still working fine , i dont know , but i do like it .

/ NT 204 C #9  
It stinks guys are having troubles with the Kats heater. Mine is 5 year old or so and not one hiccup. You guys may try Napa. For 200 series Jinma tractors you need a 1.5" heater. I think Napa has a different brand but its a little more money.

I just wonder if Kats did not cheapen things up a bit in this tough economy?

Chris

/ NT 204 C #10  
I'm in southern Wisconsin and regularly see below zero temps. Had my katz for 5 years. Like the man said, starts like summer!