Power steering cylinder...

/ Power steering cylinder... #1  

ICUFLY

Tractor
Eclipse DT204 "JINMA"
Can anyone tell me what size the power steering hoses are? The threaded fitting, I need to get 2x 45 degree fittings to reroute the hoses to go over the front axle, instead of under. Since going under allows them to be pinched by the steering linkage. I'm not positive this can be done but am willing to give it a try. Has anyone else had a similar problem?. Or any suggustions on fixing this situation..

Thanks

Dan

/ Power steering cylinder... #3  
Mine go over and they look like standard parts. The builder might have used what was around. Check with afordable they might have a system that already is designed for this. If they are too long. Can you just put a small loop at the begining of the line?

/ Power steering cylinder...
Thanks mff I've seen newer models that have the hoses over the axle instead of under. That is why I'm gonna try to switch mine to over the front axle, just trying to get all the supplies before I tear into it. I hate having to run back to town just for some small item I forgot.

/ Power steering cylinder... #5  
I've seen newer models that have the hoses over the axle instead of under.
I'm wondering if your situation may be nothing more than an assembly error. Is there a chance that the cylinder itself is simply upside down? My 1999 model still had the old side mounted cylinder, but I also had a 2000 model with the front cylinder location like yours. It's been several years, but I'm pretty sure my steering hoses attached from the top.

If your cylinder currently has the threaded holes for the hydraulic fittings on the bottom of the cylinder, perhaps an easier solution would be simply to turn it (the cylinder) right side up. If you rotated the cylinder on its bracket - so those holes were on the top - you should even be able to use the original hoses and fittings again. Or would that create some kind of clearance problem?

//greg//

/ Power steering cylinder... #6  
Greg could be on to something here. My 2003 has a front mounted cylinder and has the hoses on top with 45 deg adapters between the hoses and the cylinder.

Chris

I'll try to post some pictures tomorrow, and get input from them. I should have already had them but in the middle of my work week now. It's been kind of sloppy around here lately warmer weather melting all the snow and looks like some rain tonight thru tomorrow. I've also been working on getting all of my lights working properly. Thanks for the info guys....

OK gonna try to load some photos.. And yes I have a new boot for the steering cylinder ( a pretty BLUE one). I know I'll have to get new hoses (longer). So I guess it'll be best to just remove 1 and see if the local hose makers can fix me up, maybe they can put the angled fitting on the new hose. Will post an update when I get the chance to get new hoses made..

Attachments

• CIMG1813.JPG
    CIMG1813.JPG
    173.3 KB · Views: 463
  • CIMG1812.JPG
    CIMG1812.JPG
    171.1 KB · Views: 337
  • CIMG1811.JPG
    CIMG1811.JPG
    169.1 KB · Views: 254
  • CIMG1810.JPG
    CIMG1810.JPG
    167.6 KB · Views: 315
   / Power steering cylinder... #9  
As Greg stated your cylinder is in wrong. Loosen the cylinder and rotate it so the fitting are upright. Contact Ronald at Ranch Hand Supply to get the new hoses. Trying to run all over town is a loosing battle for metric stuff. Ronald can custom make hoses now to any length I think. He will have them in your hands by the weekend if you call him today.

http://www.ranchhandsupply.com/replacementparts/tractorhydraulichoses.html

Other tractor dealers may be able to help you also like Spring Valley or Affordable tractors. Just google them. I know Ronald will set you up at a fair price and get it quick.

Chris