Clutch adjustment

/ Clutch adjustment #1  

Momboy007

Silver Member
Tractor
Jinma 304
Hello All,
I was reading a post concerning a clutch and I figured I had better get mine checked because it does not feel right. My clutch actually feels good, it is just that it engages very late anbd when I engage the PTO, it grinds a few seconds before going in. I have a loader, not sure what kind it is, but know for sure it is not a factory unit, or a koyker. It has a label on it that I think reads something like AC3 (I beleive they were out of Texas somewhere. Anyhow, the loader looks like a bear to take off if I need to, which I think I do in order to adjust the clutch. How tough is this and what type of tools will I need. The tractor has 180 Hours on it and was bought from an independant that I do not feel did a good job of prepping before I got it. I did all the flushes myself just to be sure and am not sure about how to do the clutch. Do I need to drop the entire loader?
Thanks all in advance,
Rick

Oh Yea, Affordable or other tractor dealers, If you know of any service centers in Southern California, I would love to hear from you.

Y

/ Clutch adjustment #2  
When I adjusted my clutch I simply parked the tractor under beam in my barn, you could use a big tree limb, and supported the FEL's weight with a ratchet strap. I then removed the FEL bell house mount to do the adjustment.

Chris

/ Clutch adjustment #3  
The basic clutch adjustment procedures are actually in your tractor manual. If however you have difficulty in following the Chinglish, there are other 300 series owners here who should be more than willing to help. If for some reason you don't have all four manuals, I strongly suggest you order those that you are missing. Even though the Chinglish is difficult at times to digest at times, I'm glad for the times they've helped me track down a problem that I may never have encountered before.

//greg//

Last edited:
   / Clutch adjustment #4  
You can call these guys,they may know someone closer too you,You can also call Northern Tool,they have dealers all over that service the Nortrac Tractors (Same as Jinma)
we are one of there service centers in Texas.You have the V3 loader,the guy in Texas has the loaders made for him,I know a customer that went to see him and said he had a pile of defective cylinders 4'-tall on the ground ? I have only seen pic's so cannot comment on the quality.If you decide to tackle the job yourself,give me a call and I will try to walk you thru it

Dealer in Ca.
Yosemite Tractor
33122 Old Mine Place
Coarsegold, CA 93614
(559) 658-8697

Tommy
Affordable Tractor Sales
"Your Jinma Parts Superstore"
Home of compact Jinma, Foton, and Koyker Tractors and Parts, Wood Chippers, Backhoes - Affordable Tractor Sales Company

/ Clutch adjustment
Hello All,
I guess my biggest concern is getting the loader off the tractor, but, and correct me if I am wrong, does not really sound like I have to remove it.
When you say take the weight off the loader, does that mean having the bucket in the air?

Thanks,
Rick

/ Clutch adjustment #6  
No, bucket on the ground and the rear bell housing supports braced up in some fashion to take the weight off.

It is easier to work on it if the loader is off but not necessary.

Chris

/ Clutch adjustment
Would a Cherry Picker do the job? I have one I can use, how do you move the bracket where it bolts to the bell housing?

Thanks again all in advance,
Rick

/ Clutch adjustment #8  
Sure, a cherry picker will support it.

Chris

/ Clutch adjustment
Will this adjustment be about the same for a Jinma 304?

Thanks all and I hope to get to this this Weekend, I have learned enough on this post to where I feel like I can tackle this

Rick