Shuttle shift

/ Shuttle shift #1  

rawdeal

I have a 284 w/ shuttle shift, that quit going into revers gear on Saturday right when I needed it the most. I have tryied adj it under neath on all of the adjustment points that I could find to no adavail. Am afraid it may be inside the tranie. This shifter has always been a problum since we bought the tractor new.

/ Shuttle shift
Thanks, that was my first ck on this unit. and it did indeed take up a lot of the slack but not enough to get into revirse. any outher ideas.

/ Shuttle shift
Thanks Tommy. I was hopeing you were'nt going to say that. Some frends of ours have the same proplem with there Jinma also. They just havent lost revers yet. Do you know if this is a common problum with these?

/ Shuttle shift #6  
The biggest problem we see with the shuttles is they are not adjusted right from the start which makes the user put alot of pressure on the engagment lever that sometimes bends the forks,secondly the linkage under the tractor is binding on something,our shuttle shift tractors shift very easy from forward to reverse with positive engagement.Take a good look at all the linkage under the tractor and you will see if it's rubbing on something.

Once the fork is bent you have to remove the cover to fix it,I have any part you may need

Tommy
Affordable Tractor Sales Co
"Your Jinma Parts Superstore"
Home of compact Jinma, Foton, and Koyker Tractors and Parts, Wood Chippers, Backhoes - Affordable Tractor Sales Company

/ Shuttle shift
This tractor has "never" shifted easley from forward to revers. When going into revers I've always had to keep pressure on the shifter to asure it engaged. Even then at times it would "pop" out. I did ck the linkage and found no sigh of binding or whear on it. So I will have to assume it's on the inside, and thats above my skill level. Thanks for all your help! To bad your not up here in Colo, you'ed have a job coming in! Know anyone up this way?

/ Shuttle shift #8  
   / Shuttle shift
Tommy I can't thank you enough for all the tec advise you gave me. After I installed the new shift fork assembly I did look at all the linkage & did find the foot throttle linkage to be interfearing with the shifter. This was an easy fix just fliped it around & did a little bending on it. I now have a positive engage in forward AND reverse! Total time to do the job.... well less than a 6 pack! Again thanks and I'm sure happy to have found this site !