Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default nortrac NT204C

Hello. I just bought this tractor used and it runs great. When I bought it the owner told me that there was an issue with the 3pth leaking down. Well I thought that meant it leaked slowly which it did until i put a load on it then it leaks down quickly. I am sure it is a seal or an oring somewhere but where? It raises fine.

Default Re: nortrac NT204C

Sounds like the same problem I had with my Siromer where I over raised the 3PL without a load - the piston came out of the hydraulic cylinder and then damaged the o ring seal upon lowering - easy fix with a seal kit but just a bit messy with all the oil involved.

You will need to remove the seat and hydraulic oil reservoir cover and then raise the 3PL as high as you can, the rest will be self evident once you get going.

Might be best to wait until a superior member diagnoses the problem however as I am just a forum newcomer and have not touched the "holy cloth" of the senior members

Have fun
    Words expressed here are based on personal experience and time served at Engineering College - nothing more. At all times I respect everyones right to disagree and likewise expect that they are capable of reciprocity.

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Jinma JM304

I'm not familiar with the 200 series Jinmas, but my 304 Jinma has a knob on the front of the lift box just below the seat. That knob controls the rate at which the TPH drops. It has a set screw to lock i, which you have to look hard to find and then loosen before trying to turn the knob.

Rich

Advertiser
    Platinum Member

Sounds like you need to rebuild the 3- point lift cylinder, not a hard job and the kit is pretty cheap

Let me know if we can help on the kit

Tommy
    Affordable Tractor Sales Co
    "Your Jinma Parts Superstore"
    Home of compact Jinma, Foton, and Koyker Tractors and Parts, Wood Chippers, Backhoes - Affordable Tractor Sales Company

Well sounds like I need to tear it apart. I tried the knob already that doesnt help. The rings sound more plausible as the previous owner told me he actually took the arms out and rotated them down one notch on their spline so they would go lower to the ground. This probablly damaged the rings. So I need to take the seat off and the hydraulic cover off to see what I need to do? I thought maybe it was a seal in the box where the shift lever goes in. Any ideas where I can get a service manual for nortrac tractors. Hey affordable you have the seal kit for nortrac?

Thanks for all the help!

Advertiser
    Platinum Member

Yes I have the kit,you do not have to take the seat off,you remove the rear cover where the top link goes,and the front cover where the draft control knob is,you can then take the piston out and replace the o-rings,you can always give me a call if you have a question

Parts you need are a 200 series 3-point repair kit,rear cover gasket,you to my website under 200 series Jinma you should find what you need

I have the manuals also you will need a 200 series parts book,200 series operation manual,Y380 engine parts book

Tommy
    Affordable Tractor Sales
    " Your Jinma Parts Superstore"
    www.affordabletractorsalesco.com

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Jinma 354, purchased 2007

Tommy --

Is the 300 series the same procedure? Also, do you need to drain the hydraulic fluid?

Advertiser
    Platinum Member

The 300 series is a little different,plus they used several different lift boxs and yes you have to drain the hydraulic fluid.

The o-rings and wipers are on the internal piston,also on the 300 series there is a plastic stop ring that does not come in the kits.

Tommy
    Affordable Tractor Sales
    Home of compact Jinma, Foton, and Koyker Tractors and Parts, Wood Chippers, Backhoes - Affordable Tractor Sales Company

Tractor
    2005 nortrac 304

Quote Originally Posted by Affordable View Post
    The 300 series is a little different,plus they used several different lift boxs and yes you have to drain the hydraulic fluid.

The o-rings and wipers are on the internal piston,also on the 300 series there is a plastic stop ring that does not come in the kits.

Tommy
    Affordable Tractor Sales
    Tommy

I believed I may have talked with you on the telephone. I have a Nortrac with a pto problem. I tried to fix the pto cylinder thinking that it had blown the seal. I tried every way in which to see how I can get to it. I think I might have damaged it, I was trying to remove the rear coupling out of it and I believe that I sheared off the set pins that hold the spring in a certain position. It looks as though I will have to completely remove the whole housing and flip it upside down to get the cylinder casing out of the housing in which it is bolted through the bottom. I can't get the coupling to thread back onto the linkage that feeds through the housing. I really can't believe that there isn't a way in which we as owners of these tractors can get a service manual in which it actually shows you how to tear it down to repair it. The companies which sell these tractors should work with the manufactures to help the owners get these service manuals.

Thanks Stanley

Advertiser
    Platinum Member

Sorry ,there are no service manuals, you are loosing me on what you are trying to do,give ma a call I will try to help

Tommy
    Affordable Tractor Sales

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast