fuel injectors

/ fuel injectors #11  
Blue exhaust smoke can also be a symptom of slightly retarded fuel injection pump timing (I think it would be retarded). The injector puts out whatever the fuel pump delivers and at a specific set timing. This can alter for a number of reasons - usually loose or worn parts, components. This can happen on just one pump element or the whole pump could be out of timing.

At a guess and knowing a bit about the quality of some Chinese components (material hardness etc.), I would hazard a guess and say you are starting to get sysmptoms of the injector fuel pump playing up.

HTH

Please post back when the issue is reolved.

Thx

Jim

/ fuel injectors #12  
I get the same issues with my 2006 Jinma 284, when I first start a cold engine, but as it warms up the smoke goes away. I also get some smoke when I put it under a load such as tilting my bucket head back or lifting my box scraper. I have not cleaned out my hydraulic pump filter, and I have read some information that sometimes that could be the strain on the hydraulics.

/ fuel injectors #13  
Presumably this is your first diesel tractor Flex4. What you describe is perfectly normal for a pre-EPA Chinese tractor.

//greg//

/ fuel injectors #14  
Well I did have a 1969 MF Industrial, that was a big beast and it took quite a bit to bog it down. As you stated I'm obviously not quite familiar yet with the standard operation of my Jinma yet, and since I have had a few issues with mine as a result of buying it from someone who neglected it I'm a little nervous about what is normal and what is not. Thank you for giving me some comfort in knowing that it's a norm to see the smoke during cold operations, and under loads. I used to get smoke coming out of my crankcase breather, but since I changed out my head gasket with help from this forum, it corrected that problem. Oh by the way I want to thank you for all of your expert advice and guidance, thank goodness for guys like you who are extremely helpful.

Peter