Buying Advice Changfa- Apollo Tractors, opinions

/ Changfa- Apollo Tractors, opinions #1  

pipingmad

Tractor
Non yet
I am looking at getting a 28hp Apollo tractor (Changfa manufactured) and cannot find anything on the net about them. The factory blurb talks about producing a lot of diesel stationery engines.

The actual tractor is here: Apollo Tractor CF3284. Has anyone heard of them and can give advice about quality, parts availability etc?

They come with a 5 year parts and labour warranty :thumbsup: which is one of the things that has me interested.

Thanks

/ Changfa- Apollo Tractors, opinions #2  
Well, the warranty doesn't mean much if there's no dealer near you of if the company goes out of business. Personally, I'd stick with one of the brands that has been around a while and give some indication of staying around a lot longer. Jinma, Kama, Foton all come to mind.

Now, Oz may be all different from the USA where I am, so take it with a grain of salt.

Rich

/ Changfa- Apollo Tractors, opinions
Thanks for that Rich. The ones you suggested do not have much presence in Aus. The nearest Jinma dealer to me is about 1000miles (1,600km) away.
The only warranty they will offer is 12 months parts only.

The Apollo dealer is 300km away and has someone local that can do any warranty work. I was after info if anyone had an Apollo or had heard of them and what the quality was like.

Thanks

/ Changfa- Apollo Tractors, opinions #4  
Don't know anything about the Apollo tractor, but FWIW, I do know the small changfa single cylinder diesels are well liked by the DIY diesel generator/cogen folks. Good solid engine from what I have heard...

/ Changfa- Apollo Tractors, opinions #5  
A 5 yr parts/labour warranty if supported is nothing to take lightly unless it is more of a gimick to get you to buy. If the dealer has a good history, that means a lot, or are they a fly by night company.

As far as the Changfa tractor, CBP (link below) appears to be a distributer/broker to get them in North America. Scroll down near the bottom of the link you will see many sales brochures for the different models. That doesn't say much about the actual tractor though.

http://chinabestproducts.com/

Is there an Eastwind dealer close. They sell the Dongfengs which is what I have, Excellent tractor with great standard features. Great Changchai engines.

Hope the info helps your decision

Dave

/ Changfa- Apollo Tractors, opinions
There is an Eastwind dealer about 100kms away, but I have read lots of real bad dealings with them and warranty, anything that goes back to them they blame on operator abuse and won't fix it.
The Eastwind name out here is not good. There were lots of problems with the tractors and attachments, not sure if they have sorted them out.
I asked them about warranty work if I bought one and I would have to take my tractor back to them for everything. That would mean a flat bed tow truck each time.
Another way to look at tractors out here, is if the dealer will take them back as a trade in. If they won't, or offer a bad price, then they are no good. I saw a consignment Eastwind at another dealer and it was there because the Eastwind dealer offered him an insulting price.
It's now down to the Apollo, or a TYM 27hp HST. They are about the same price. The TYM is a bit small physically, but apparently good quality. Will have to see how the dealers perform on Monday.

/ Changfa- Apollo Tractors, opinions #7  
If it were me I would go with the TYM if the local support is good. TYM has a good reputation here in the states.

Chris

/ Changfa- Apollo Tractors, opinions #8  
There is an Eastwind dealer about 100kms away, but I have read lots of real bad dealings with them and warranty, anything that goes back to them they blame on operator abuse and won't fix it.
The Eastwind name out here is not good. There were lots of problems with the tractors and attachments, not sure if they have sorted them out.
I asked them about warranty work if I bought one and I would have to take my tractor back to them for everything. That would mean a flat bed tow truck each time.
Another way to look at tractors out here, is if the dealer will take them back as a trade in. If they won't, or offer a bad price, then they are no good. I saw a consignment Eastwind at another dealer and it was there because the Eastwind dealer offered him an insulting price.
It's now down to the Apollo, or a TYM 27hp HST. They are about the same price. The TYM is a bit small physically, but apparently good quality. Will have to see how the dealers perform on Monday.

Too bad the Eastwind support is so bad. Perhaps their lack of support/prep etc. or reputation is giving the DF's a bad rap. I can personally say that my DF has been fantastic. I have no dealer support except for the great dealers and members of the forums, but I am confident with the support I can do what I need to do to keep mine running well. Anyway, totally understand your concerns.

Good luck and post lots of pics and info with what you decide.

Dave

/ Changfa- Apollo Tractors, opinions #9  
The hood looks like Northern's Nortrac tractor, I'm sure someone here would know if it's the same.

/ Changfa- Apollo Tractors, opinions #10  
changfa produce a lots engines, tractors is their new business.

FOTON new TE series.JPG

Rear fuel tank auxiliary oil tank.JPG

floor and fender.JPG

axle.JPG