Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Hydraulic Pump & FEL Issue - Jinma 284

OK - Ordered the pump seal kit and the connects from Tommy today. Thanks for the help everyone.

Tractor
    Jinma 254/284 Ford 861 Powermaster at work

You did right by going to Tommy. He is first class and give tons of free advise. We have to support him and the others on here who keep our tractors running. Without them they would not be the workhorses they are and the great value the Chinese tractors are.

Chris

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Jinma JM304

Well put, Chris! I can't imagine having done the work on my tractor without the advise and help from Tommy and Ronald. I've never owned a diesel or a tractor before and with their guidance I successfully split mine and cured a problem that would have destroyed the tractor if left un-fixed. Done lots of other little improvements too, again with their help. Those guys are tops in my book and they deserve every plug we can give them.

Rich

Veteran Member

So. Who is Tommy and Ronald?????
    I hope this is a conspiracy!!!!!

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Jinma JM304

Sorry for the confusion. Tommy Laskowski is the owner of Affordable Tractor Sales in Houston, Texas. Ronald Macon is the owner of Ranch Hand Supply in Chesapeake, Virginia.

https://affordabletractorsalesco.com/index.php

http://www.ranchhandsupply.com/home.html

Both these guys, and a couple other dealers, spend a goodly bit of their time scanning these forums and answering questions and giving advice you can depend on for accuracy.

Rich

Advertiser
    Platinum Member

Thanks for the good comments ! We appreciate The business too

On the pump rebuild kit you have to snug up the bolts that hold the pump together, start the tractor then tighten them up the rest of the way, It may leak a little oil as you are doing this ,but it will work

Tommy
    Affordable Tractor Sales
    " Your Jinma Parts Superstore"
    Home of compact Jinma, Foton, and Koyker Tractors and Parts, Wood Chippers, Backhoes - Affordable Tractor Sales Company

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Jinma JM304

You're very welcome Tommy, though it's certainly nothing more than you and Ronald richly deserve for all yo guys do. Sorry I put your location out wrong - the plumbing shop is in Houston and the tractor shop is in Belleville. It's hard to get good help these days.

Rich

Tractor
    Jinma 284 delivered 06/28/05

Another way around the possible QC valve failure is to just remove the check balls from them. You must however remove all the balls from any QC that might possibly be mated with one that has had the ball/valve removed. IF one side still has a ball, that one ball will not open and will block the flow.

In the case of the loader, that is 2 male and 2 female connectors, or 4 check valves and springs. Since it is common practice when disconnecting a device to reconnect the pair on the device, or the pair on the tractor to themselves to maintain flow and keep the connector clean, only a little oil is leaked/lost during the change. This has the added benefit that in the event a connection is accidently released while the engine is running, the pump dosn't get deadheaded and damaged, but the oil is allowed to leak away and not build any pressure... Keeps the functionality of the QC, but removes the risk...

If you unscrew the QC from the hose end and look in the threaded hole you will find a circlip/snapring, a spring retaining plate, spring and the checkvalve ball. Takes just a few minutes with some snapring pliars, to remove them and re-install the QC back on the hose.
    Ron

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12