Hydraulic sump drain plug: where?

/ Hydraulic sump drain plug: where? #1  

jcliburn

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota MX5100
I have a Farm Pro 2420 (2WD, manual steering) and I can't seem to find the drain plug for the hydraulic fluid sump. Found the vented fill plug just fine (under the seat), and I'm about to remove the 3-bolt flange that holds the filter screen in place so I can clean the screen, but I can't find the drain plug to save my life.

(The transmission has 3 drain plugs -- found all of 'em.)

I've been to Subgunner and to Johnstractor, but couldn't find what I was looking for at either site. I also have the paper manuals for the tractor, but can't find it there either.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jay

/ Hydraulic sump drain plug: where? #2  
Look at the rear of the tractor where the top link of the 3 point goes. There is 8 bolts holding it on. The drain plug is in the lower left hand corner.

I like to jack the front end of my tractor up to help it drain more and a little quicker also.

Chris

/ Hydraulic sump drain plug: where?
Thanks a million for the super quick answer, Chris. There was a ninth bolt -- between the bottom left and bottom center top link connector plate bolts -- and that was the plug I was looking for. I would've never found it if you hadn't got me looking in the right place.

I really, really appreciate it. Thank you so much.

Jay

/ Hydraulic sump drain plug: where? #4  
Thats it. Glad you found it.

Chris